Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Vacation Day Two: Temple Square

I cleaned for a week before our vacation. Each day I cleaned a different room. On the last day I rearranged all the furniture so it would look like a hotel. I even rearranged all of our pictures so each room would feel different than normal. We called our hotel "Sycamore Suites" because we have a huge sycamore tree outside our windows.

This is our bedroom. Notice the mints on the pillows.
This is the girls room. Amazingly, this is the clean version.
The bathroom with extra towels.
The living room and kitchen. I joked that if we really wanted to make our apartment feel like a hotel we should move the bed into the living room. Thankfully Brandon didn't take me up on the offer.
Each morning we laid out a continental breakfast. It was so nice to not have to cook or clean up the meal. Here I am enjoying the wonderful food provided by Sycamore Suites. Brandon and I were able to sleep in on Sunday because he didn't have Branch Counsel or PEC meeting and I didn't have to teach. After church we went to Temple Square. There is a model of the Salt Lake Temple set up in the South Visitors Center. The model has a cut away so you can see the rooms inside. It is so cool. Later we took a survey about the display and the sister missionaries gave us a free copy of the "Men of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir." I've wanted that CD for a while so I was really excited to get it for free.
We also went to the North Visitor's Center. By the way, going to Temple Square with twins is crazy. Every sister missionary stopped us and wanted to look at the twins. It was fun, but by the 15th conversation it got a little bit old.
We went out to the area by the Church Office Building and fed the girls. It was secluded so we didn't have to worry about people wanted to talk to us about the girls. Here is a video of Charlotte enjoying the day.
Here are the girls with tulips that are their colors.
We took the 40 minute tour of the Conference Center. Our tour guide showed us all the art work that is hanging up in the building. It was like going to a museum. The tour ends on the roof of the Conference center. We would have walked around the gardens up there, but the girls were done for the day. They were both crying. So we just took this picture and left.
The girls were happy once we got home. Here they are playing with their carriers.
Brandon made dinner and we ate it at Sycamore Suites out door restaurant, Cafe Wind-chime.
It was spaghetti, and it was so good.
I'm so glad Brandon knows how to cook.
Here is Cafe Wind-chime's name sake. Brandon made it for me for Valentine's Day in 2010.
And here is what the Cafe looks like from downstairs. Our neighbors probably think we are crazy, but that's okay. We had a lot of fun on the second day of our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers