Last Mother's Day I shared the three quotes that helped me through the three years when I didn't have kids. Today I will share the quote that I have had up on my mirror this year. It took me until July to find it. I came across it while reading the book "Fish" about the fish market in Seattle where they throw fish and have fun while working. The quote is attributed to John Gardner and I have no idea who he is. But the quote made me cry so it went up on the mirror.
There is something I know about you that you may not even know about yourself. You have within you more resources of energy than have ever been tapped, more talent than has ever been exploited, more strength than has ever been tested, and more to give than you have ever given.
Writings of John Gardner as quoted in Fish page 51
I'll admit there have been many days where I've read this quote and thought, "really, how can I have more to give?" And yet there has been more. I've grown in so many ways this past year.
So now I'm searching for a new quote.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?