Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Inspiration: Perfect Concord

Brandon and I will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Back in our student ward being married for 4 years was like being married for 100 years. It seemed like such a long time. It's actually flown by. It feels like we've been married for two months maybe. And yet I feel like I've been with Brandon forever. I feel like I've known him my whole life.

Anyway, here is today's quote. This is from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte on page 506-507. When I re-read the book a few years ago I thought, "that's how I feel about Brandon - only put into sappy words."

I have now been married ten years. I know what it is to live entirely for and with what I love best on earth. I hold myself supremely blessed - blessed beyond what language can express; because I am my husband's life as fully as he is mine. No woman was ever nearer to her mate than I am: ever more absolutely bone of his bone, and flesh of his flesh. I know no weariness of my Edward's society: he knows none of mine, any more than we each do of the pulsation of the heart that beats in our separate bosoms; consequently we are ever together. To be together is for us to be at once as free as in solitude, as gay as in company. We talk, I believe, all day long; to talk to each other is but a more animated and an audible thinking. All my confidence is bestowed on him, all his confidence is devoted to me; we are precisely suited in character- perfect concord is the result.

1 comment:

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers