Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bloom where you are planted

About the time I found out I was still pregnant with twins I gave up on my garden. We'd moved and none of my plants handled the move very well. They were used to the full sun provided by their south side location. Our balcony in the new apartment faced north. That meant there was a lot of shade.

This year I decided to plant all the remaining seeds I had. They were all for plants that enjoy full sun so I didn't think they would even sprout in the shade. I was wrong. They have all sprouted – lettuce, radishes, peas, onion, marigolds, and some mystery seeds that I forgot what I planted.

Now I'm just watching to see what they do when the weather gets warmer. I'm also curious to see if the flowering plants will flower in the shade.

I'm encouraged that the plants were able to grow this much. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers