Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Didn't we just do this?

I couldn't help but quote Apollo 13 as we walked onto the 4th floor at LDS hospital, "I didn't think we'd be back in here so soon."  We last were on that floor 1 year and 4 days ago.  Today we went back so we could have Baby C's ultrasound done at our old hang out, Maternal Fetal Medicine.  Most everything was the same, but some things were new.  The biggest new thing was that we didn't know the gender of our baby.
 When we found out the gender for the girls we also found out that we were still pregnant. (Click here for that crazy story.)  We didn't have the opportunity to spend weeks wondering if we would have twin girls or twin boys.  This time around we've been wondering and guessing.  We've been pretending that we were having a boy.  We've been referring to Baby C as "he" for weeks.  We haven't even thought about girl names.
And we were right!!!!!  Yes we are having a boy!!!!!  Brandon is so excited.  He says he needs a boy to help balance out all the girl craziness at home.

The rest of the ultrasound was pretty boring.  We had over 10 of them with the girls and looking at brains, hearts, bladders, etc is not as exciting as it once was.  Although it was nice to not spend forever scrutinizing the placenta or looking for a membrane between babies.  
Baby C was curled up in a ball for most of the ultrasound so the tech couldn't get a good view of his spine. She said we might have to come back for another ultrasound.  Luckily after the doctor came in he was able to get a good view.  The doctor chatted with us for a moment and then sent us on our way.  And the best part is we didn't have to make an appointment for a follow up visit.  I've never left MFM without making another appointment!!! I can't describe how great it is to not have a high risk pregnancy this time around.

I used the bathroom before we left.  When I washed my hands and smelled the soap it brought back all the feelings from when we lived in the hospital last year.  It's like 18 days of washing my hands when I entered the NICU to take care of the girls flashed before my eyes.  It made me remember just how crazy that time was.  I'm glad that we will be able to have this baby in the same hospital that was so good to us last time.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for a boy!!! :D And an easier pregnancy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats guys. Don't you love it when your hunches turn out true?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers