We moved out of Logan 10 months ago. I really haven't missed the town at all, but there are many friends I have missed. I've wanted to take the girls for a visit since they were born, but thanks to RSV season and finances we haven't been able to go until this Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I loved the visit. I wish we could have spent a whole day with each person we saw.
We got up early and started driving around 8:30. It was weird driving through Sardine Canyon in the morning instead of the evening. Our first stop was my friend Amy's parent's house. We dropped off the cradle so Amy can pick it up when she comes to Logan in a few weeks.
Then we drove into Logan. We parked outside my old office building and fed the girls. Once they were fed we loaded them into the stroller and headed into the building. We went to see my friend Melisa first. Melisa and I sat by each other for many months and we became good friends. She came and visited me twice while I was living in the hospital. After talking to Melisa we walked around the whole 3rd floor and showed off the girls. I loved seeing all my old coworkers. I've missed the fun of working - but I don't miss the work or the stress.
After my work we drove up to USU and went to see Brandon's old Landscape coworkers. Then we walked around campus. We stopped to see Brandon's favorite professor and he met his "Grand students." We ate pizza in the Hub for old times sake (for Brandon, it was actually my first time eating at the hub. We walked around the campus and saw some of the new things. The College of Agriculture building is coming along nicely. Brandon graduated from the College of Ag (gotta love the Interdisciplinary Degree) so we were very happy to see the progress of the building.
Then we went to Aggie Ice Cream and enjoyed the best ice cream in Utah. I had Aggie Bull tracks which is way better than Blue Mint. By this time it was around 3:00 and we went to our friend Trevor's apartment. Trevor and Brandon were flight students together. We all get along really well. Brandon took a nap on the couch while Trevor helped out with the girls.
Trevor entertained us all with his guitar. I wanted him to play his song, "The Devil wants me for an Ember" but he didn't play it.
Then all 5 of us went out to eat at A&W. Brandon and I used to live right next to it and we always craved the food there.
This is the first restaurant the girls have ever been to.
We said goodbye to Trevor and went to the house we would stay at for the night. Laurie and Brett and their daughter Jana were very hospitable. Jana has a baby girl who is one week older than the girls. She was born 6 weeks early and the girls were born 4 weeks early so gestational the girls are older than her.
All three girls enjoyed playing together. It was nice to see a baby that is the same age and size as my tiny girls. 
We all slept very well in Laurie's 5 star guest bedroom. The girls were so worn out from their big day they slept from 9:30 to 7:30. Laurie fed us a delicious breakfast and then we had to say good bye to her.
We stopped by Aggie Village to see our friends Cynthia and Kalon. Cynthia is from my home ward and I've known Kalon since high school. Then we went for a walk in the cemetery for old times sake. We used to walk through here on our way to church.
At 1:00 we went to a get together with a few of the women from our married student ward. Two of them, Stephanie and Kati, were Brandon's neighbors before he even knew me. We used to teach their kids in nursery.All too soon it was time to leave and go to see my friend Michelle. Michelle was one of my best friends in high school and my college roommate for 2 years. It was great to see her and her kids.
Then I had to drag myself away again so we could go to Smithfield to see our friends Andrew and Lisa. Brandon and I met Andrew about a week after we met. The three of us would hang out together a lot. When he met Lisa she became and instant friend. They have a 3 month old girl so Charlotte and Lydia made another friend.
They enjoyed using her stuff while we made personal pizzas.
Andrew and Lisa were our last stop. We planned to be on the road before it got dark, but instead we kept talking and talking and talking. It was so hard to leave. But somehow we did it around 8:00. We drove home and talked about our first memories of each of the people and places that we visited. 


Yay! That was so fun to see you :) I love the sleepers!! How funny that they are still around :)
ReplyDeleteUgh Valerie, I am so sorry. I just plum forgot and well that's been happening a lot lately. But I am glad you were able to pack so many things into two days. My goodness. What a fun-filled trip.
ReplyDeleteI love that you got the "Twin clothes" From mom and that you are using them. So cute. The twins look so identical now.
ReplyDelete