This is a follow up to the post I did a few weeks ago about how to have a successful camping/road trip. These are things that Brandon and I learned on our most recent vacation.
- Have a diaper bag and a backup bag. I had enough diapers, formula, wipes, etc in my diaper bag to last about 10 hours. Then I had extras of everything in a separate bag so I could replenish my diaper bag.
- Measure dry formula into bottles and keep them in your diaper bag like that. Add water when you need to turn it into milk.
- Don't let the water for the bottles get too hot or cold.
- Sleep with the water bottle in your sleeping bag to keep it warm enough to feed your baby.
- Be flexible with your plans. - Try not to have specific times that you need to be somewhere.
- Bring extra clothes
- Remember sunscreen and hats – I'm proud to report that I came back from vacation just as pale as I was before I left. And so did the girls.
- If you don't enjoy camping to begin with – don't take your babies.
- Most bug sprays and sunscreens aren't for newborns so check the labels.
- Plan easy meals. This is not the time to be cooking elaborate bacon, eggs, and sausage breakfasts. Do that when the kids are older and can help.
- Feed and change your babies before starting any activity. We usually would go into the visitors center, find a bench and feed the girls. Then we'd take a trip to the bathroom. After that we would start looking around.
- Have a designated dirty diaper bag. Brandon had to go dumpster diving because I had put dirty baby clothes in the type of bag I usually put dirty diapers in.
And most importantly . . . If you're not having fun you're missing the point :)

Good to know! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteawesome :)
ReplyDelete