Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

So I finally got around to it

A lot of my blogging friends have had babies lately. I've enjoyed reading their blogs and watching them learn the things you can only learn after having kids. There was one thing that they have all done that I haven't done yet . . . Set up the nursery.

We didn't even have a crib set up when the babies showed up 4 weeks early. One crib was at my sister-in-law's house, and the other crib was in the back of the jeep. Yep, we went to the hospital and had the babies with the crib along for the ride.

When the girls came home from the hospital we had them share the cradle that we kept in the living room. Eventually we organised the project room and moved the cradle in there. Then the girls moved into the crib.

They shared that crib up until last Tuesday. We don't swaddle them anymore and they learned that they could roll over in their cribs. Two babies rolling around in a crib isn't a recipe for much sleep so we faced the facts and set up the other crib.

I was decorated the cribs in Pink and Yellow. Pink for Charlotte and Yellow for Lydia. The flowers around the rails are from the backdrop at my wedding.
At first the girls looked so small in these big cribs all by themselves. But now I'm used to how it looks. And the girls sleep really well in their cribs. It's so funny to put them in bed in one position and then come back and find them asleep in another.
In other news Lydia is starting to twist, push, reach, and grab for things she wants that are in front of her. It's not quite crawling, but it is forward motion.
Charlotte had finally developed a nick name. Before she was born I thought that we would call her Lottie because Charlotte just seemed too long of a name for a baby. But when she was born the only name that seemed to work was Charlotte and she wasn't a Lottie at all. Lydia on the other had acquired a dozen nicknames right off the bat: Lyds, Lyddy, Lydders, Lyddy Bug, Lydder Bug, Peanut, and anything else that fit the moment. Charlotte had big blue eyes so for a while we called her Bright Eyes, but that didn't stick. Then the name that worked was Charlotta or "Charlotta the Fourth" because I'm an Anne of Green Gables fan. But what's the point of a nick name that is longer than your real name?

About 3 weeks ago we started calling her Char (pronounced Shar). And it actually seemed to fit. Up until then it hadn't seemed right. It's stuck and so she finally has a nick name. So we are Bran, Val, Char, and Lyds.

3 comments:

  1. I just love your little girls! They are so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are getting soo big!!! I am sorry I missed your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love their Cribs!!
    It's Melissa--But my computer is being weird!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers