Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Inspiration: Well its a great glass . . .

I read every copy of the Ensign we had while I was nursing the girls. We had about 3 years worth of Ensigns and I read about one a day. At the very back of the February 2010 Ensign I came across a little blip entitled "Selflessness and Optimism." It was about survivors of Tropical Storm Ketsana in the Philippines. I especially loved this quote:

“Filipinos generally are very resilient,” said Elder Benson Misalucha, an Area Seventy in the Philippines Area. Rather than looking at the glass as being half-full or half-empty, “we have been looking at the glass and saying, ‘Well, it’s a great glass, even if there’s no water.’”

I hope I can always be that optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great comment it would serve us well to remember to look at life that way sometimes. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers