Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

After a two week hiatus

Okay so obviously 8 blog posts in one day kind of burned me out blogging wise for a while. After all that writing I found I couldn't compose another blog. I also haven't taken many pictures. The few pics I did take aren't uploading very well so this is going to be a short, few-picture post.

Back before I had the girls I thought I would NEVER dress them alike. That just seemed so cheesy. Well in reality I LOVE dressing them alike. I LOVE it because I only need to pick out one outfit! Less work for me. Here the girts are in my favorite outfit right now. They are now fitting the 3-6 month size.
The girls are starting to do lots of interesting things. Here is a list.

1. Lydia laughed at Charlotte the other day. Charlotte sneezed and Lydia giggled. I was so excited. The girls really don't interact much except to suck on each others appendages and shove their fingers in each other's mouths and eyes. As soon as Lydia laughed I thought, "It's going to be so much fun to raise these girls."

2. Charlotte has learned to roll over from back to front. She has also figured out that she can travel if she keeps rolling. She doesn't understand the concept of walls though. She'll roll and roll and roll and bonk. Then she keeps bonking until I come over and turn her around. They she'll roll the other way. I think she only knows how to roll one way, but I haven't paid attention enough to know for sure.

Here are the girls where I laid them down on the floor.
Here is where they ended up about 20 minutes later. You can see we have moved the couch up against the wall so they can have more room to play.
3. The girls have learned how to sleep without being swaddled. Honestly swaddling has worked so well I never wanted to stop. However, with the hot weather I knew that the girls wouldn't want to be wrapped in two blankets. They'd started pulling their arms out of their blankets so all they needed to do was learn to sleep without being wrapped up. The first two days were hard, but now they can sleep just fine. I think they like waking up and being able to immediately wiggle and stretch.
4. Lydia has learned how to eat baby food. For the longest time Lydia would just sit with her mouth shut while I tried to feed her baby food. (Originally she cried, but she learned that I stuck food in while her mouth was open.) One day I was eating lunch while holding Lydia. I started feeding her little bits of my food and she loved everything. She ate pork chops, bananas, strawberries, broccoli, and bread. "Great," I though, "I'm going to have to feed Charlotte the baby food and Lydia real food." But then the next day Lydia started opening her mouth and swallowing baby food just like Charlotte. She still eats less than Charlotte, but she eats a lot more than she did.

5. Lydia has learned how to say "Mama." But she doesn't know what she is saying and she only says it when she is mad. When she is getting tired she'll say, "Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma." It's pretty cute. I actually think that "Dada" is a more likely word for the girls to say. I'm always saying, "Daddy's coming home," or "Daddy's on the phone," and so on. I tried to get video of her saying Ma Ma but she wouldn't do it until after the batteries on the camera died. I'll try again later.

Well that's us for now. I have a few post scheduled for the rest of this week and this blog should be up and running all the way again by next week.

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember my oldest daughter Ansley from the parade? She is in South Africa right now nannying for a family who just had twins. Four adults take turns taking care of the two girls. Can you imagine? You look like you are doing a fantastic job with those two adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers