Despite having "the colds that wouldn't die" we had a really good week. I feel like we've started to find our groove and get into the swing of things.
My sister Hillary spent a lot of time with us this week. I am so grateful for her. There were several nights when Derrick was up every two hours. In the morning I was able to put her in charge while I went back to bed for a few hours.
And then I was able to get up and do all the things I needed to do during the day. The kids were still sick, but they were well enough to go outside and have fun. On Tuesday they celebrated that fact by playing in the dirt.
On Wednesday I babysat my four year old neighbor. She can be a bit of a handful, but thankfully she loves TV. And so do my kids. When she wasn't watching TV she was playing Cinderella. She was the step mother, Charlotte and Lydia were the step sisters, and I was Cinderella. I was really into my character and cleaned the whole time we "played."
I promised Brandon that I would continue having dinner around the table every night. I've kept that promise most nights. This is what our set up looks like.On Thursday my brother Billy brought "The Avengers" over and we all had a movie night. We were supposed to watch it after the girls went to be, but they had taken really late naps. So I let them stay up and watch it with us. Lydia LOVED the Hulk. She loved to growl at the screen when she saw him. Today she pointed to the TV and said "Huck?" so we had to watch the last 20 minutes of the movie again.
This is just a random pic of the girls playing in the tub. They like baths until I have to wash their hair. Then they freak out.
On Saturday I watched the morning session of conference while the girls played. When it was over I rewarded them with a trip to the park. They enjoyed swinging for a long time.
When they were done swinging Derrick took a turn. He didn't like it very much. The girls tried out the big swings.
They also played with the slide.
We came home and the girls took naps while I cleaned. In the evening we all made cookies.
We made the cookies to serve at a little girls night we hosted during the Priesthood session of conference. Three women and two babies came to the girls night. I consider that a success because 1. I had something to look forward to and 2. I had a reason to clean my bathroom.
Sunday we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house and my kids played with their kids. Then we came home and we all took naps during the last session.
And here is how much our plant grew in one week.













What a fun mom - going to the park, making cookies and having a girl's night :) It seems like Derek is a big little guy. We know how that is. I'm glad he is so chill!
ReplyDelete