Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Checkin' Projects Off the List

A few days ago I split my to do list in half.  I made a section for "Things I have to do" and a section for "Things I want to do."  This has helped me find time to actually do some fun projects. 

The first thing I attacked was painting this shelf that Brandon made right before he left.  
 I took the back off and spray painted it red.  Then I painted the shelves white.
 Once I put it back together I couldn't get over how awesome it looked.  I had planned to add contact paper to the bottoms and tops of the shelves, but the red and white created enough visual contrast.
 Here is what the shelf looks like with everything in it.
I fell in love with the red back ground, and if I owned this kitchen I would be adding red to the backs of the permanent cupboards.  But since I don't own this place I settled for something with a lot less commitment. 
 I decided to do something with the contact paper that I still had left over.  I traced circles onto the back of the contact paper. 
 Then I cut them out and put them up on the cupboards.
 They look so cool!  These pictures really don't do them justice, but they give you the idea.  The girls are really into circles right now so they especially love the new kitchen decorations.
 As a final project I moved my squished penny collection into a larger frame.  The collection had out grown the previous frame in May. I had nowhere to put the ones I'd picked up in Colorado.  Luckily I had this extra frame.  Now I have lots of room to add more pennies.
Click here if you are interested in the size of my collection when I first framed it.  Even I am surprised at how fast in grew in 3 1/2 years.

These projects have only whet my appetite for more things to do. I have a whole list of things I want to work on.  I'm especially excited to start working on the Halloween costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers