Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

In Brandon's Words: Part 2 of Letter Dated Oct 18

Here is the other half of the letter from Brandon. This one is more for me, but there are still some things that you might be interested in, so I'm posting those.  (Plus I love that he complements me.)  

Valerie,

That's about it for everyone online.  The rest of this letter is for you.  You can share it if you want, but it might be boring for everyone else.

It is official, you never thought you would do it, but you have.  It makes me very happy that you have done it and I wish that I could be there to see it, and tell you in person.  A lot of people have written me who have talk to you since I have been gone, and they have told me about my cute little family and how great you and Charlotte, Lydia, and Derrick are.  I have heard that you are lots of fun to be with, and the girls are really well behaved.  And from several sources I have heard that they don't know how you do it without a husband/daddy at home, but you do, and they have called you a super mom!  That makes me so happy.  You are a super mom and a super wife.  I read your letters of everything you have done and are going to do and I am so glad you can take care of things the way you do.

 . . .  I just love thinking about you and the kids and I always tell anyone willing to listen that I still love you more and more each day.

I love to hear what the girls are up to.  That is so funny that Lydia loves the Hulk.  Somehow, with that girl it doesn't surprise me.  I love to hear about how Charlotte and Lydia are learning to talk, and read, and draw.  That makes me so happy.

10-20-2012
I've been writing for a while now.  I still have a lot to talk to you about.  I'm going to try to finish it tonight or tomorrow (Sunday) and get it mailed to you Monday morning.

. . . Speaking of the 36 hour pass.  It is going to be the Friday after Thanksgiving so I get Thursday afternoon after about 2:30 to Saturday morning at 8:00 off.  I have to be back in formation at 8:00.  I would love to get a hotel room and do nothing but talk with you on the phone that whole day!  But I don't think that is going to happen. I have to either go with a family member or I have to go with a Battle Buddy (the military equivalent of a mission companion.) I have to stay with them the whole time.

Well now it's 0200.  I am doing a guard shift down stairs for an hour so I am going to finish writing you some more.  I've learned a bit more [about the 36 hour pass]. I'm supposed to be with a battle buddy the whole time and I probably will get a room at a specific hotel that the army wants me to stay at.  And whomever I get a room with - probably Patrick J___ my bunk mate - will probably want to go to the movies, go to a nice dinner, etc.  I hope it wont be that long because I just want to relax, have a nice long shower, and do basically nothing.  We'll see what happens and I will definitely call you and talk to you.

Before I get too far in this letter I want to tell you, Superwife, that you for fixing the jeep and taking care of the brakes and all of the other issues.  You are definitely the most amazing person I know.  Tell T___, thank you for coming and fixing and tuning up some of the things on the jeep too.  I love what you said about it, that "it starts like a lion, and stops on a dime."  That's funny.  I don't mind that it cost ____ because now we don't have to worry about that stuff for a while.  And We Can Afford It!  Yay! Keep up the good work.

Speaking of buying things.  You mentioned that there were pictures online of stuff that we have done that you can buy - Don't!  I have already bought them.  In reception there was a lady that took our photo and told us she was going to get pictures of the events we went to and have available a photoCD/DVD/yearbook style memory book.  And me being me, checked off one of everything because I don't have a camera.  I bought 1 of everything.  We can just use all the pictures on the CD to do things with.  I can't believe I forgot to tell you that until now.

Don't worry about sending me anything but letters in the mail.  Things such as the M'lis stuff are contraband here and I will get in trouble for having them.  I do wish I could have some lotion though my hands are dry and cracking a bit, but I can handle it.  Don't send lotion.

You asked if I got to see any conference, No but I heard a few things about it, that it was very good and there was a lot of good talks that pertained to us and our situation right now.  I will go through the Ensign when I get home.  I'm glad Hillary found out she can, and is, going to go on a mission.  She will have a good time and it will be good to help her find out what she wants to do in life.  So tell her congratulations   I'm going to give her a few tips when I get back, if she wants.  She's probably received quite a few already.

 Okay, moving on down the list of things I have to tell you/talk to you about.  You have that cabin in ___ for the ____ - perfect.  I know I have some sort of ceremony on the __th in the morning I have to be at, but after that I am all yours all afternoon until the __th for graduation.  I don't believe I will be coming home with you though.  It does sound like the 18X contract guys have to stay an extra week until the _th and that is subject to change. So as soon as I find out for sure I will let you know.  But just get yourself plane tickets.  You don't know how much I would love to go home with you on the ___th, but you do what you got to do I guess.  Oh yeah, make sure the tickets are through Southwest.  They are the cheapest tickets and most easily changed if you need to modify your flight.  I leave the decision to you my beautiful, smart wife though.  Do what you gotta do.  

I love you so much and I am so glad that I have you at home taking care of the kids and everything else.  It is so funny to hear about the girls and what they do.  I love to talk to you through these letters, and I wish with all my heart that I could make you an egg sandwich too.  I love you and will see you later.  I think that is about it for this letter.  Keep writing,

With tons of love in my heart,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers