Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Inspiration: Good Sacrifice

I loved all of President Uchdorf's talk during the Relief Society Broadcast.  This line had to be the highlight of conference for me.  And it wasn't even during the "official" part of general conference.  I can just imagine President Uchdorf and his wife trying to come up with the most ridiculous example of a foolish sacrifice.

“Dedicating some of our time to studying the scriptures or preparing to teach a lesson is a good sacrifice. Spending many hours stitching the title of the lesson into homemade potholders for each member of your class may not be.”

Of course after you stop giggling you can actually see the wisdom in his advise and start to apply it in your life. Already this advise has saved me from spending needless time on part of an RS meeting that I didn't even really want to put together.  Once the RS President told me that I could do it differently I was happy to work on the rest of the meeting.  (And if I remember to take pictures I'd do a blog post about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers