Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

A few firsts

I love this picture of Brandon and the girls. You can tell who's hairline they have.
The girls are 3 months old and we have had a lot of "firsts" in the past couple days. Here are some of them. (Most of the pictures don't go with the stories)

Our First Dryer Heating Element Burn Out. I guess all the extra laundry was too much for our dryer. Luckily Brandon knew what he was doing and was able to replace the heating element the same day we figured out it was broken.
Our First Illness. The girls have had coughs that resemble croup. I called the Dr's office about it, but since the girls were still alert and eating okay they told me not to worry about bringing them in. It's been sad to hear their little coughs, but we are just about through it. Lydia lost her "voice" and so for once I could tell their crying apart.

Brandon is working swing shift again so this is how we end up most mornings. All of us hanging out in bed. I love this picture because it shows why we call Charlotte "Bright Eyes."

We went to all three meeting of church. We've just been going to sacrament meeting with the girls and once a month I teach Relief Society. But with Brandon's new schedule we were able to try all three meetings. It went well. And I discovered that I can use a baby as an excuse to get up and walk around when I get bored.

Our first walk to the grocery store. In Logan we lived across the street from Smith's MarketPlace so we always walked over to do our grocery shopping. We found it helps us save money if we know we have to carry home everything we buy. When we moved to Bountiful we ended up only a few blocks away from another Smith Marketplace (We joke that we always have to live near one. Even at the hospital we were about two blocks from the avenues Smiths) We put the girls in their front carriers and headed off to the store. It was really fun. You should have seen the looks we got from people as they noticed we each had a baby under our coats.

Here are the girls in some of my favorite outfits.
The girls met their Aunt Lindsey and Cousin Rocklond for the first time. Lindsey was able to fly up from Houston unexpectedly. We were able to get together on the spur of the moment.
All three cousins had fun hanging out and getting to know each other. Rocklond was very helpful with the girls and tried to comfort them when they cried.
The girls seemed to like meeting their oldest cousin.

2 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures! Every time you show new pictures they look so much bigger. John worked the swing shift before Hannah and Johnny started school, I remember the awesome lazy mornings we had too. It was the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dresses, cute girls! It is nice to be able to walk to the store, huh.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers