Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years

Brandon and I usually pick out a movie trilogy and watch all three movies on New Years Eve. This year we decided to watch the first three Terminator movies. Several years ago I saw the last 45 minutes of third movie and I've always wondered what happened to lead up to what I saw. Brandon also saw the end of the 3rd movie. Right as the atomic bombs fell his brother accidentally lit off a fire ball in the kitchen - talk about interactive media.

We really got curious about the movie after watching the Terminator/Back the the Future Spoof on How it should have ended.com (Click here to watch the clip, and then take a minute and look around the site for more hilarious spoofs.)

Anyway so we rented all three movies and had a Terminator marathon. It was kind of like a history of cinima class. Each movie came out in a different decade so it was interesting to see what action movies were like in the 80's, 90's and 00's. The first one was the goriest. The second showed off it's state of the art special effects. The third movie was my favorite because it combined humor, action, and drama really well. The beginning chase sequence probably cost the same amount as the budget for the first movie.

At midnight we toasted the new year with an Apple/Cranberry Juice combo. We talked about what a year 2010 was and what we would like to do in 2011. Then we went to bed.

Brandon had to work on New Years Day so I took him to work and headed out to my parents house. Later that day I went to my Grandma's 70th birthday party. Here she is holding her first and second great granddaughters. It was a great way to start the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers