Up until now we have been hiking at places we've already knew about. This week we didn't really know where we wanted to go. So I got out the phone book and looked for parks within Logan that had trails. I found one that looked good and we went to check it out. It was Denzel Thomas Nature Preserve Park or something like that. For those of you who know Cache County it is on the south side of the Island right below River Heights. (Logan is the only place I know where the river is "higher" than an island)
Anyway. It turned out to be a very pretty park next to the Logan river.
It isn't a regular park with swings and picnic tables. Instead it is a sort of nature preserve. We saw lots of Deer Tracks.
We ended up on a trail that lead us out of the park and up into River Heights. There was a big field and an amazing view of the Temple.
In this picture you can see the foothills of a mountain as it disappears into the fog. (I promise Logan gets sunlight . . . it just hasn't happened on a Saturday for a while)
Here I am showing off my new boots.
A macro shot of some moss.
The sun, trying to shine through the clouds.

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?