Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Benson Marina

Before you say, "Not another winter hike post!" All I have to say is that if you think this is boring you should hear about the rest of my week. I could tell you all about the intricacies of doing my taxes, auditing properties, finding errors (in my taxes and the properties), and the joys of utility billing. But honestly as fun as that is for me, I KNOW you'd rather hear about the hikes. (I do have to say that we had a really great time babysitting my cousins on Saturday. Who knew our apartment could be so fun?)

This week we went to the Benson Marina and trudged through the deep snow out there.
These are dead sunflower plants that are now covered with snow.
The hike was really eerie because the whole valley was covered in snow. Usually you would be able to see the Wellsville mountains behind Brandon in this pic.
There was a lot of really cool looking grass.
Here is a cute little bridge for when water runs in this ditch.
Here I am in the middle of some field next to the Marian. It felt like we were in Antarctica.

This causeway runs across the Marina. I think that it used to be a railway causeway, but I could be wrong.


We didn't really know where we were going on this hike so when we got to this bridge we decided it was the end and turned around.

2 comments:

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers