Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday

I turned 25 on Sunday. I keep thinking about a quote from Anne Hathaway that I read three years ago. She said about the day she turned 25: "I realized I would never be precocious again." I don't know why I keep thinking about that quote. I haven't considered myself precocious for about 10 years now.

Honestly, I am really excited to be 25. I feel a lot like I did when I turned 21, that is, I feel like my physical age has caught up to my mental age.

As usual, Brandon spoiled me rotten. Sunday he gave me the movie, "Get Smart" (Maybe that is why I've been thinking about Anne Hathaway) Then on Monday I came home from work to this wonderful candle-light dinner.

Brandon was the chef, waiter, busboy, and date for the evening. He did a great job with everything.
He served Elk stake, mashed potatoes, and homemade bread sticks. He even bought grape juice and put it in one of our old sparkling cider bottles.
I was so surprised. I knew I was getting a dinner, but I had no idea it would be this elaborate.
Brandon even made me a birthday cake from scratch - including the frosting.
I'm so glad that I could be married to such a wonderful person. He has gone out of his way to make my past four birthdays truly special.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Val!
    Late, I know. Things have been really crazy around here. My mom turned 50 the same day you turned 25. We sure are getting old! I am happy to see that you were spoiled for your birthday. You deserve it! You found such a great guy for you and it makes me so happy to see you so happy.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers