Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two Winter Hikes

We've been keeping up on our goal to go on hikes every weekend. We've had to be a little creative though since it is January.

On January 9th we went to the Logan River Trail. This is a section of the Logan river that is right by highway 89 as is comes into Logan from the south. It isn't much of a hike, but you take what you can get in January.

Still it was really pretty



Brandon's always on the look out for somewhere to build a shelter.


We walked back to the Jeep on the train tracks. (Yes I know it is illegal, but that hasn't stopped me before)
Then on the 16th we went up Green Canyon. This is the canyon where we had a photo shoot a couple months ago. It is completely different in the winter.
For one there are TONS of people up there in the winter. The road is inaccessible to cars but it been packed down so cross country skiers can use it.
In this pic you can see the smog of Cache Valley down below.

After our hike we met a friend at the ice skating rink. This rink is in a park that they flood when the weather is really cold. If the cold weather holds we will go there this Saturday as our hike. If it doesn't hold . . . well at least I got this pic.
And here are some macro shots of the rime ice that covered everything last week. I was lazy and didn't take pictures until it was melting, but I got these in time.




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shots of the rime ice. Is that the same thing as hoar frost? We had that down here and it did melt before I appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful. Makes me want to go on a little nature hike, hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, first: I am totally proud of you for logging on to Family Search -- AND that you come to our class. Your comments are great and helpful! :) So thanks,
    Second: I think it's awesome that you go on weekly hikes. Ryan and I wanted to do that, but haven't done much of it. Could you recommend your favorite ones?
    Third: your pictures of the ice crystals are AWESOME!! Way to be a photographer in addition to everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers