Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

120 feet of leaves



Emily's wedding is on November 22. The reception is going to have a very Autumn feel. The colors are green and brown. We want the guests to feel like they have stepped outside even thought they will be inside. Leaves are a very big part of the motif.

Brandon and I went to Michael's Crafts to buy the fall leaf garlands for the Reception/Bridal Shower. Brandon had been in there earlier (yes he goes to craft stores by himself) and had seen that all fall themed things were 70% off. So we figured now was the time to buy the leaves. We tried to count how many of the 6 foot garlands we would need. We got to 11 and then decided to get "15 just in case" Well then we decided that we might as well get "20 just in case." There was lots of different varieties so we had fun picking out which ones we wanted.

We have three huge bags full of the leaves now. We decided we might as well use the leaves while we wait for the wedding so we made a wreath by wrapping the leaves around a wire coat hanger that Brandon bent out of shape. I'm sure I will come up with several other ideas between now and the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. I love the wreath. What a great idea. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers