We decided to move. The next Friday we looked in the paper for available apartments. Saturday I called about apartments. There was only one that could schedule a viewing that day. Brandon and I went to look at the "two bedroom, 1/2 bath town house with laundry hookups and a dishwasher." We walked in the door and fell in love with the place. We signed the lease that day, got approved on the credit check on Monday, had the keys on Friday, and moved in on Saturday. I learned a long time ago that when things are simple and uncomplicated you can be pretty certain they are right. Moving to this town house was easier than falling off a ladder so I know it is where we are supposed to be in our lives.
We've spent the last couple months settling in. Here are some pictures of the town house. These were taken about two months ago, but most everything looks the same. (Except the house is cleaner in the pics)The kitchen's main colors are red and black. Those are two of my favorite colors.
The washer and dryer have been wonderful to have. I can't describe how wonderful it is to not have to look for quarters before doing laundry.


We tripled our living space for only $90 more. The only thing we gave up was a dining room, but we have a big enough living room to make up for it.

The flowers through out the house are from my wedding. (They laughed at me for wanting artificial flowers-- but now I have subtle wedding reminders in every room.)
Before Brandon and I got serious I bought several pieces of furniture when the Inn at Temple Square closed. The armour and the green chair in this picture are some of what I bought. Of course fitting them in the tiny apartment was a challenge, but I'm glad I have them now. Brandon built the two bookcases. One he built before he met me, and the other he built out of necessity when I moved all my books over to his apartment. The bookcases are made out of particle board. We painted them green when we moved to the town house. (one coat of primer + two coats of paint X two bookcases = a whole week of evenings spent
painting)
This is an airplane that Brandon designed and built. We hung it up above our stairs to the second story. (One day I will have to post the video of how we hung it up without a ladder)
painting)This is an airplane that Brandon designed and built. We hung it up above our stairs to the second story. (One day I will have to post the video of how we hung it up without a ladder)

If you ever saw our old apartment these shelves will look familiar. These were another project that arose out of the necessity of having storage space in a tiny apartment. Now they are in our "project room" holding all our junk.

Here I am in the bathroom. The clock is so I know when I need to stop putting on my make up and get my butt out the door to work.

The one little closet at our old apartment is one of the main reasons we decided to move. So these two huge closets were the selling point on this apartment.
We also really like having a balcony.

Here is our bed. It is only a full size so don't think the room is THAT big. Though I think even a California King size bed would look small in this room. Seriously this is the biggest bedroom I have ever had.

Here is the view from our balcony. I love the juxtaposition of the beautiful mountains with the "mobile butchering" cart. The oddity of it cracks me up.
Well that is the town house. If you are ever in Logan we would love to have you stop by and see it for yourself.


Looks like a charming aartment.
ReplyDelete