What would we do without Brandon? Probably have pizza for Thanksgiving dinner.With Emily's wedding last week my family was seriously considering having pizza instead of the traditional food. I was all for the pizza idea because I don't really like the usual thanksgiving food. However my Dad was pretty vocal about his hatred of pizza -- especailly pizza on Thanksgiving. Also my Mom realized that she already had most of the ingrediants for a Thanksgiving dinner. So Wednesday we decided to have a real Thanksgiving dinner.
But who would cook it? Emily, our usual cook, was on her honeymoon. Lindsey, who usually makes the gravy and greenbean caserol, had to work the day after thanksgiving so wouldn't be coming up from Ceder City. My talents lie outside the kitchen (my traditional job is to keep Billy happy) so I couldn't be expected to make an entire Thanksgiving dinner. Mom didn't want to have to do the whole meal herself and she didn't want Dad fussing around in the kitchen either. And Hillary is 15, she shouldn't be expected to make the meal. The only person left was Brandon.
Fortunately Brandon loves Thanksgiving! It is his favorite holiday. He was in seventh heaven making suffing and getting the turkey in the oven. Yesterday he made a pumpkin and a peach pie. His enthusiasim for making Thanksgiving food even inspired me to make the mashed potatoes (also the fact that I hate instant mashed potates and I was the only one motivated to make real mashed potatoes) Dad brought home Lion House rolls from work. Mom made green bean casserol and also ran to the store for aluminum foil some other last minute items. It all added up to a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Especially when you realize that wednesday morning we were planning on pizza. And it would not have been possible without Brandon.
But who would cook it? Emily, our usual cook, was on her honeymoon. Lindsey, who usually makes the gravy and greenbean caserol, had to work the day after thanksgiving so wouldn't be coming up from Ceder City. My talents lie outside the kitchen (my traditional job is to keep Billy happy) so I couldn't be expected to make an entire Thanksgiving dinner. Mom didn't want to have to do the whole meal herself and she didn't want Dad fussing around in the kitchen either. And Hillary is 15, she shouldn't be expected to make the meal. The only person left was Brandon.
Fortunately Brandon loves Thanksgiving! It is his favorite holiday. He was in seventh heaven making suffing and getting the turkey in the oven. Yesterday he made a pumpkin and a peach pie. His enthusiasim for making Thanksgiving food even inspired me to make the mashed potatoes (also the fact that I hate instant mashed potates and I was the only one motivated to make real mashed potatoes) Dad brought home Lion House rolls from work. Mom made green bean casserol and also ran to the store for aluminum foil some other last minute items. It all added up to a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Especially when you realize that wednesday morning we were planning on pizza. And it would not have been possible without Brandon.
I also helped decorate. (I have plenty of fall things these days)




And we appreciate both of you for saving Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Brandon! I am very impressed.
ReplyDelete