So I borrowed the songbook from my parents. I opened it up and found out there were a lot of songs I had never even heard of such as "Father we thank thee for the night."
For a while I was bummed that I really didn't know all the songs, but then I decided that I wanted to learn them all.
So I borrowed the songs on CD from my parents (thank goodness for parents) and I've started learning the songs.
I sing along with one CD everyday for a week. So far I've learned about 10 new songs. I've also learned the second verse to most of the songs where I only knew the first verse- which is basically all of them. Did you know there is a second verse to "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam"? And I've learned the words to a lot of songs that I know the tune but not the words like "I lived in Heaven"
Here is a video of the fun songs I sing with the girls each day.

Noel and I sing to Cooper every night and when we first started this we quickly realized we didn't know all the words either (sometimes we were even singing different lyrics). We got a Children's Hymnbook and CD for Christmas, maybe we should take a page out of your book and learn all the songs.
ReplyDeleteAwww, I remember singing "I am all made of hinges" to Hannah when she was that age! Good times. I probably sang it to the rest of them too, it's all a blur now. Primary songs are my favorite songs to sing to my kids.
ReplyDeleteJust so you know they have all the songs online, and signing for some of them! We love to sing to Andrea, but she has selected her favorites that we have to sing to her every night now.
ReplyDeleteThat is darling :) Apart from being great bonding time, singing to your kids helps them learn to match pitches and avoid the embarrassment of being tone-deaf later in life ;) Good to start young!
ReplyDelete