The babies are two weeks old today. I can't believe how much they have changed in the past 14 days. Here are some pictures to illustrate the change.
This is Charlotte when she was less than 12 hours old. She had just come off the ventilator and a C-Pap machine was helping her breath. At the time we took this picture we were excited by how well she was doing. Now I look at it in disbelief.
Here is Charlotte today. She is so cute. As you can see she no longer has any tubes on her face. That's right - she is eating all her meals through her mouth. She just has to prove that she can still gain weight, and she will be ready to come home.
Here is Lydia at less than 2 hours old. This is how she looked the first time I held her. The C-Pap was helping her breath as well.
Here is Lydia today. She is also starting to take all her meals by mouth, but she is about a day behind Charlotte. Hopefully she catches up and they can be discharged together. If not, Charlotte will move into our room while we wait for Lydia.
Here I am. I'm 35 weeks and 6 days pregnant in this picture. My water broke about 1/2 an hour before the picture was taken.
And here I am today. I don't fit my pre-pregnancy pants yet, but my maternity pants are hanging off of me. I feel skinny!
Here's Brandon about an hour and a half before my C-section. (The twins were born at 10:39 and 10:40)
And here is Brandon today! I think the video speaks for itself. Enjoy watching it!
Thanks for all the support and prayers that have helped us get through the last two weeks. Hopefully we will be home within the next week.

aw, loved the video :) So glad they are progressing so well and so quickly!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I can't believe they are 2 weeks old already! Darling! That is amazing they are almost ready to come home! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. I don't know how you do it. If I had to see my babies with all those tubes and everything I would fall apart. I'm so glad that they are doing a lot better. Here's hoping they get to come home together!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! It is amazing how much can change in two weeks, or even one, They look even better then when I saw them last week.
ReplyDelete