Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The church is true every where

Since it is Sunday I thought I would do a post about some of the service we have been shown by the LDS church. Brandon and I are now members of two separate LDS branches. We are members of our branch in Bountiful, and we are members of the LDS hospital branch.

Our branch in Bountiful has been wonderful. I am especially grateful for the amazing Relief Society Presidency. They hosted a baby shower for me and two other girls who are expecting babies. The shower was held the Saturday before I went into labor. After the shower I jokingly told my visiting teaching companion, "Now I can have my babies." 36 hours later I was a mother. Here are two pics from the shower.
Our Relief Society President also found us car seats. She notified the Stake RS president about one of the other woman's need for a car seat and mentioned that we were having twins. It just so happens that the Stake RS president's daughter had twins about 10 months ago and her twins had just outgrown their car seats. She donated them to us. The really amazing thing is that we found out about the car seats hours after I paid tithing on some money that was given to me as a gift. I'd been debating about paying tithing on that money, but finally decided I should. That day we were told about the car seats. Then Brandon went to work and a lady there told him that she had told her mother about us - and her mother told her ward - and her ward started getting stuff together for us. They had a cradle all ready for Brandon to pick up and later they donated a crib too. I'm told that they have even more stuff for us. I can't believe how much people are
willing to give -especially people that don't know us.
Now that the babies are here and we are living in the hospital we also belong to the LDS hospital branch. (I guess "LDS hospital ward" would be too confusing.) Today we went to the church services here. I felt the spirit strongly as soon as we walked into the auditorium. Most of the people that attended were service missionaries from the local stake (this is kind of the case with our Bountiful branch as well.) The service was only half an hour long but it was so touching. I was bawling through half the hymns. I bore my testimony about the love of our Heavenly Father. I said that we sort of randomly chose to have our babies at LDS Hospital, but now I see that we were guided to this place. We are so lucky to have the opportunity to stay here and be together as a family.

Another lady got up and bore her testimony about her father's nearly fatal carbon monoxide poisoning and the events that kept him alive. Later we found out more of the details. Here is a news story about the miracle that happened while we were having our own little miracles last week.

After sacrament we went to Relief Society for half an hour. I was immediately accepted as part of the group and everyone wanted to know about Charlotte and Lydia. I love the bond that we sisters feel. I left the two meetings feeling a spiritual uplift that I didn't know I needed. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father remembers all his children.

Speaking of Heavenly Father's children, here are the two latest pictures of my favorite two little girls.

One of the nurses gave Charlotte a mow-hawk. You can see she is being given a little bit of oxygen. It's nothing serious, she just needed a little help keeping her blood oxygen levels up.
This is a typical Lydia face and pose. For some reason she reminds me of my sister Lindsey.

3 comments:

  1. How fun. I'm glad there are so many people willing to help out. I love the pictures of your girls, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear about all of your blessings!! It reminds me of many we have experienced. John and I served as representatives at the primary children's hospital branch for a while and the spirit was always overwhelming in their meetings. I am so glad they have stuff like that set up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amazing! Charity never faileth!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers