
Today is our three and a half year wedding anniversary. I had been hoping to give birth to the girls today. Instead Charlotte was discharged this morning!!! She is now all mine. Now we are hanging out in my room and waiting for Lydia. If all goes well Lydia should be discharged tomorrow. Here is Lydia. It breaks my heart wheel out Charlotte's bed and leave Lydia all alone in her room. Thankfully she doesn't cry. Instead she just lays in her bed and looks around.

This morning I decided to try to feed Charlotte while we were in Lydia's room. I talked to the nurse about what could be affecting Charlotte's nursing. The nurse didn't think it was the bottles because I nurse with a nipple shield that is very similar to a bottle. Neither of us could figure out the problem until I sat down to nurse with Charlotte. I immediately knew what had caused the problem last night. I was using a different nursing pillow.



The nursing pillow I use in the nursery is a brand called "My Brest friend." It has a flat surface. The pillow I used in my room is just a regular "boppy" brand. It has more of a curved surface. Charlotte and I are much more used to the flat surface. With the flat surface Charlotte nursed for 15 minutes and fell right asleep.
I'm glad I figured this out because I just barely ordered the "My Brest Friend Twin Plus Deluxe" nursing pillow on Amazon. I was wondering if I really needed it as bad as I thought I did. Well now I know that I absolutely need it.

I've now come full circle in one aspect of my life. Back on May 13th when went to the doctor's for my 10 week ultrasound I saw a magazine advertisement for the twin nursing pillow. I thought to myself, "well I won't need that." 15 minutes later I found out I was pregnant with twins. 6 months later I bought the nursing pillow.
Charlotte hung out with me and Brandon this evening. She watched The Simpsons with us.

Here I am with both my girls. The nurses asked us if we wanted Lydia to room in with us tonight. Unfortunately they asked right as we were going to bed for the night. It would have been fun to have them together, but not while we were trying to sleep. We'll save the fun for tomorrow when we are in our own home.


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?