Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

We're going HOME

I just spoke with the pediatrician. She says Lydia can be discharged today. It is quite possible that as you read this we are sitting on our own couch watching our own movie on our own TV while eating our own popcorn and holding our own little girls.

This will be the last blog post for a while. I don't have the internet at home and I'll be pretty busy taking care of the twins. I told Brandon I'd like to get out of the apartment and go to the library to blog at least once a week. We'll see how that works out.

I'd like to thank all of you who have read along during these last 18 days. There are a lot of you. This blog has averaged over 100 page views a day during November. Knowing that you all are out there and interested in what I write helped me enjoy my time here.

I'd also like to thank those of you who visited. Thank you for stopping by. Every visit was the highlight of my day. Please don't stop visiting just because we are out of the hospital.

A special thanks goes to the staff of the Special Care Nursery at LDS hospital. Your dedication to our girls has been wonderful. Thank you for all the care you gave to them and us.

There are so many things I want to say right now, but I'm afraid I don't have the words to express my feelings. I keep thinking of the end of one of my favorite movies, Apollo 13. Somehow Jim Lovell's final words in that movie seem appropriate.

"I sometimes catch myself looking up at the Moon, remembering the changes of fortune in our long voyage, thinking of the thousands of people who worked to bring the three of us home."

I know that I too will remember the changes in fortune during our stay at the hospital, and I'll think often about the many people who worked and prayed to let the four of us go home.

Thanks for reading! This is only the beginning . . .

4 comments:

  1. Yay, and good luck! Going home from the hospital is such a nice feeling. I hope your library plans work (sometimes it's nice to get out, even if it's just the library) or that Santa brings you internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! That is so exciting! I'm glad you all are home enjoying your little family! I am going to miss the daily blogging, but will be ready for your weekly posts! Good luck with everything at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from Christina Weight's and got caught up on some of your story (it is late, I'll have read about the gaps later today). All I can say is WOW and we live in Bountiful too! I'd love to see you some time and give you some help with those twins. I know how much trouble one healthy baby can be, I can't imagine trying to take care of 2 very small babies at once.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers