Both babies are breathing on their own!!!!! We went to visit Charlotte just as the nurse was about to take off her little cannula nose thing. Now we can see her pretty face. She even opened her eyes for us.
Also she no longer has the little tube that was draining some air that had escaped from her lungs. And she's not being treated for jaundice anymore. Good job Charlotte! 
Lydia is also breathing on her own. She's moved into her own incubator. This is good even though the incubator looks scarier than the little open bed that Charlotte is in. The incubator will help Lydia conserve her own heat.
She also has clothes on now. That's something I haven't been able to do yet. (Though I did get a glorious shower)
I was able to hold Lydia for about 45 minutes today. I've missed feeling her move inside of me so it was wonderful hold her and see her move. She likes to wave her hands and arms and she loves to kick her feet. She obviously loves the freedom of being born.

Congratulations you guys. They are adorable. We are praying that they get stronger every day. Did they tell you they were identical? They look different to me. Charlotte has a smaller nose and smaller eyes. Lydia's hair line is farther back. I think Lydia looks a lot like Valarie and her family.
ReplyDeleteBut I just see the pictures it could be totally different in person. I guess time will tell us huh? We will have to come see them when they are doing real well. When you want more visitors. Love you guy's. Good work ;)
Valerie, you are amazing me in so many ways right now. First of all, I never dressed my babies in anything other than hospital shirts until it was time for them to come home. They already look so stylish. Second of all, you have the presence of mind to record everything going on with these little girls right now. I'm sure that this is something they will enjoy looking at when they are older.
ReplyDeleteThey are adorable. it is taking a lot of self control not to fly out right now to see them. In the first pictures they looked so much like Rocky and Asher when they were born, but now they look like like they have their own facial features.
ReplyDelete