Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Charlotte is almost free!

Last night I had a dream that I was doing a training session at my old job. I used to do training every couple months about how to avoid the various problems I found while auditing. Well in my dream last night I was training everyone on how to properly change diapers. Feel free to interpret that how ever you like. :)

Charlotte will be discharged as a patient tomorrow. In preparation for that she is able to do what's called "rooming in" with me and Brandon. That means she was taken off of all her monitors and able to come to our little room. The nurses periodically check on her, but she's basically been mine all day!
It's been an adjustment to figure out all the particulars of being with a baby so much. As you can see from the above picture it took me a bit longer than usual to get ready for the day. Overall though I am so happy to have her with me. I'm also glad she doesn't have any wires. I think she is happy to be with me. She's taking advantage of the situation and eating just about every hour.

Lydia should be discharged in a day or two and then we can all go home! I'm glad this will soon be over because it is getting complicated having one baby in my room and one in the nursery. If you notice I don't have any pictures of Lydia today. That's because I've hardly had time to spend with her in the nursery since taking Charlotte back to my room. For example, I'd just barely started nursing Charlotte when the nursery called and said Lydia was awake and hungry. Brandon went down and bottle fed Lydia so she could feel like she has parents. This will be easier when we are all in our apartment together.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! LOL.. get used to the PJ look ;) You'll likely be sporting it frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val! We want to come visit you and the girls sometime. Do you want us to wait until you are settled in at home? Let me know what would be best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! That is great news! Life is going to get super busy really soon! Be prepared! Lol. No that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers