Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Baby Shower

Today was the baby shower. My mom and my sister threw it for me. They reserved their stake's recreation building. Even with the reservation there was a little bit of drama at the beginning of the day. We showed up at the building to start setting up and found that the room was already set up for a reception later that night! Luckily the over-zealous people came back and took down their decorations. My mom loves shower games so we played lots of them. This is one where 3 people had to try to drink out of baby bottles.
We also played a multi tasking game. The girls played it first and then we made the guys do it. (They were hanging around waiting for lunch to start) Brandon didn't have the hang of hanging up laundry, talking on the phone, and holding a baby. He'll learn.
Lunch was soup and rolls. (Contrary to what my mom was telling people I made the rolls - not Brandon.)
After we ate it was time to open presents. I was so happy just to see everyone who came. Presents were a nice addition. Thank you! Thank you! To everyone who came and to everyone who brought stuff.
And thank you to those of you who gave presents without attending the shower. Amber I love the towels!!!!!!
Lots of people gave really cute clothes. These twins are going to be styling.
My cousin made these super cute pillows. Brandon later told me, "well I guess we are officially naming them Charlotte and Lydia." Yes we are because I feel like these girls named themselves.
It was a great shower. My mom and sister did such a wonderful job. I especially have to thank my sister Hillary who planned this shower while also planning Kearns High's homecoming week. Thanks again to all the people who came. I really appreciate you all.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I'm so glad you liked my towels! I was thinking about you all day & was sad I couldn't make it to the shower! Thank your friend Amy for me again, for bringing you my gift! Looks like you got some pretty nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I missed all the games but SO glad I was able to see everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers