Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Any day now?

I've made it to 35 weeks. The big question now is will I make it to 36? Yesterday was a triple header medical day. I schedule my appointments with my OB, the NST center, and the ultrasound all within a few hours of each other. That way Brandon and I only have to drive into Salt Lake once.
We started out at my Ob's office. I've lost two pounds in the last week, but my uterus grew 2.5 centimeters so I'm not sure where the weight came from. My uterus is now measuring 40.5 centimeters! I'm also dilated 2 centimeters. My Ob had me schedule my appointment for next weeks, but she also mentioned that she might be seeing me and the twins sooner than that! Brandon and I were both excited at this news, but we also started feeling unprepared. We were still trying to wrap our heads around having the babies within the next three weeks - not any day!

Brandon and I then drove up to LDS hospital to the Maternal Fetal Medicine
(MFM) center up there. That's where we have had all our ultrasounds and our non stress tests. We are getting really used to that place. MFM is right next to Labor and Delivery and I joked that I should start pretending to be in labor when we are in the elevator with other people. Our non-stress test was really uneventful. I think all four of us were asleep at one point. The nurse had to buzz the babies to get them to wake up and show us that their heart rates are still responding properly.

Then we had an ultrasound. I think this was number 10, but I've had so many I've lost track. The tech checked the blood flow through Baby B's umbilical cord and then the Dr came in and said it looked fine.

Every time we leave MFM I feel like we are escaping, and yesterday was no exception. As we left the waiting room a nurse called, "Valerie." My heart froze - did they discover something and need us to go to Labor and Delivery? Then I realized she was talking to another patient. Brandon and I got out of there as fast as we could.

We stopped off to visit one of my friends who had twins about 10 months ago. It was so fun to see her girls. The visit got us excited to see our own little girls - just not yet.

When we got home we packed the hospital bag. Brandon and I are champion bag packers. We both lived away from Salt Lake for years and we learned how to pack for weekends home. We also have been camping tons of time. But we've never really packed for a hospital visit. (Actually Brandon has, but he had surgery in his mouth so he didn't even need to bring a tooth brush to the hospital) I kept thinking of things that we would need on a camping trip. I would think, "do we need toilet paper? No, they will have that. Do we need matches? No, why would we need those." Eventually we got the bag packed, but there is probably a lot of stuff in there that we will never need.

Anyway. We are basically ready for the twins to come, but we don't want them to come for at least another week. So we'll see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh how exciting! If you wait until Nov. 1st then my guess will be right & I will win the guessing game! I can't believe your babies are coming so soon! Good luck & keep us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that you were in such a daze after the tests that you couldn't write down your brother's missionary address. When I said, "MTC Mailbox #Two eighty-nine" You said, "Is that a 2 and an 8 and a nine?" When I said, "AZ-TUC #eleven ten" You asked, "Was that a one one zero zero?" You are the daughter that did billing eight hours a day for your full time job. Yep You're in shock.- Mom

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers