Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hallelujah

Veronica will be 10 months old next week.  This is usually the time I start figuring out that I'm pregnant with another baby.  Well, there isn't a baby on the way this time, but there certainly are some big changes to be excited about.

The results for the review board for Brandon's Warrant Officer application came out Thursday.  We didn't expect the results for another 2 weeks.  So it caught me completely off guard when Brandon e-mailed me a screen shot of the selection list.

Even after he told me what it meant I still had to ask, "for real?  Like you're not reading it wrong?"

And he assured me that it was correct.

Brandon has been selected to go to helicopter flight school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After the initial shock wore off I put my head down on my desk and cried.

It's been such a long road to get to this point. There have been so many setbacks and disappointments.  I've said a lot of prayers over the years. A lot of the time they weren't answered as quickly as I wanted.  But through it all I felt that Heavenly Father was mindful of our needs and wants.  He truly has helped Brandon and me as we have chased this dream.

 I can't believe it's really happening.  That Brandon is really going to flight school.  For the first time EVER he will get paid money to fly.

I told myself that I would put this song in this post, no matter what the results of the review board were.  All through this long process this song by Taylor Swift has kept me going.  It's called Change.


 Years ago I put the lyrics onto a series of pictures.  The pictures are up in my living room and I often daydream about the day that the final picture applies to my life.  I feel like it finally applies!  Hallelujah!
See all the pictures here.
So what's next?

At this point we don't really know a lot.  We do know that flight school is in Fort Rucker, Alabama and will last two years.  But we don't know when we will move there.

Only about 30 or so people were selected this round.  Interestingly enough, one of them was Brandon's Gunner.  He's the guy we call H______ in the posts with Brandon's e-mails.   Brandon is really happy for him.  It will be nice to already have a buddy at flight school.

That's about all we know.  Brandon should learn more soon.  Eventually he'll get orders which will tell us the exact date of everything.  We'll be able to apply for housing and start scheduling the specifics of our move. I think this whole thing will seem a lot more real once we get orders.

I'll definitely keep you posted.

2 comments:

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers