Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

In Brandon's Words: April in Korea

As always, I enjoy getting my daily e-mail from Brandon.  But this month I've LOVED getting the e-mails.  He really likes his new unit and so he always has something positive to share.  And he has been making a lot of progress on his Warrant Officer Application.  In fact, he FINALLY met with a Chief Warrant Officer 5 and obtained a letter of recommendation from him.  Brandon has been trying to do that for over a year.  It's kind of surreal that he had finally been able to get that accomplished.

I've had a hard time selecting what things to put in this post.  There were so many great things that happened.  So this is a longer post than usual.  Hopefully you enjoy hearing about how wonderful everything has been this month.  
March 31 (Brandon's first work day with his new unit.)

My day was somewhat interesting. I was busy. ALL day long. and not doing stupid stuff. we PMCS-ed the Brad. it is still in services so we we were at the mechanics all day. Even though we had to wait for the mechanic to work on the turret we still did stuff. Specialist H______ is the guy I am working with. he is basically in charge of the vehicle. The only time the Major gets in it is when we are at gunnery or something similar. So it is him and me; he is in charge and I am his helper.

As odd as it sounds: he is a perfectionist, and I like it. He makes sure the tarp is straight that goes on the vehicle, that it is lined up just right. He makes sure the job is done right. The brad is spotless compared to every other one I have ever been in. He actually pulled up the floor inside of the turret before the mechanic got there so the mechanic could just get in and do what he needed to do and get out.

Everything went smoothly today. It was so nice. he acted like this was his job, like something he wanted to do right, and something he was proud of. It was a very positive experience. We worked all morning I got lunch off and we worked all afternoon except for a small hour long break while we waited for the mechanic which was great because we got to talk(yes an hour long break is short). He is only 20 years old, but he seems like a mature 40 year old, The way he conducts himself. it was great. I feel like I can start to be myself around him , or at least a better version of myself. At least I can act like I do care about my job without grief from anyone else. Grief such as "Illguth don't worry about that it doesn't have to be perfect", or "Illguth the mechanics wont care" or a similar phrase.

I had a good day, and there are several best parts, the first being that we are by ourselves there is no one over us. we are the only Bradley drivers in S3 so everyone lets us do our own thing and leaves us alone.

I don't mean to go on for so long but it was a nice change of pace.

Oh yeah I just remembered to tell you the second best thing: H______ just dropped his Warrant Officer Packet to go to Flight training. We talked a lot about helicopters today, and we happened to just be right above the Heliport for Camp Stanley. He wants to fly Apaches. He will do it, as far as I am concerned. he has the right attitude. It was really cool to talk to him.

This afternoon I was released at just after 5:00 and I was okay with that. I got to go home and change, go eat chow, and do my own thing. I didn't have to wait for everyone else to be done. I feel like a grown up again. I hope that all the days from here on out are similar to today.

At chow I happened to get in line right behind Jacob W____, I don't know if you remember me talking about him or not but he is the other LDS guy down here . He was at church Sunday so I was able to get a hold of him and talk to him. Today I basically hung out with him for the whole afternoon. it was great. we walked around Camp Stanley and he showed me around, I learned a few new things it was fun, him and I have a lot in common. We are both married and Temple worthy and he has a child. I think he has another one either brand new or on the way. We talked about all sorts of stuff. It was really cool it was nice to have a Mormon Buddy whom I could talk to about just stuff.

He asked me what my MOS was and I told him and mentioned to him that I was going to drop a warrant officer packet here shortly. He said that he wanted to do that to. Do you believe that? My two new friends are both wanting to do what I want to do. All three of us have a lot in common, it is almost scary.

Anyway, to say the least, I had a good day today. I also asked Specialist H______ about getting an interview with a warrant officer, and he said that he could take me. So I just need to e-mail CW5 J____ back and schedule an appointment preferably on a weekend and we can go down there and talk to him. I am so stoked about all of this.


April 2
Lets see, yesterday was Tuesday. we had a really cool thing happen during PT. While we were doing some Drills by the Airfield, Yes, Camp Stanley has one of those, we had two sets of Helicopters fly over our heads really low. it was cool. we had some Kiowa's fly over and land, and a short while later two blackhawks flew over and landed. The Blackhawks were so low that we almost got blown over from the downwash from the rotor. it was cool, literally, the wind with the cold morning air gave us a nice icy blast of fresh air. it was way awesome. They took off right as we were leaving and we got blasted again. Good PT. It was hard for SPC H_____and I to pay attention to anything else.

Last night I was able to hang out with W____ again. He is pretty cool. I keep meeting him in the chow hall line at dinner chow. He is funny and has a wife and kids and he is 29. It is pretty cool to have someone around that I have a lot in common with, especially the fact that he is LDS too.


April 3

Everyone is nice here, the guys my age, the junior leaders and the senior leadership. I haven't had any problems here. No one has given me any grief about anything I do. They understand that I am still new at this driver thing and they are not mad at me if I screw up. The sergeants talk to me, and the privates here too. They treat us like people instead of slaves. There is a sergeant over H______ and me who calls me brother, like a south thing (not a "gangsta" thing). He is so cool. He took us to the gym today and had us lift weights with him. he asked me whether or not I had workout clothes, and when I told him no he said I could borrow some of his. I didn't have to wear PTs, while at the gym he showed us what weights to lift so we could work on our shoulders. It wasn't just go to the gym then you are on your own like it always has been before.

During chow our sergeant ate with us. I was the first there and everyone sat down with me. it was cool. He hung out and talked with us. and joked with us, all the while still being a leader.

April 4

The last real thing I did tonight was go out to the ville with a Guy in HHC named D_____. He is pretty cool, I really don't know how we became friends, but we are really good friends who have never really spent any time together, ever. We just always say hi and talk to each other when we see each other. He asked me if I could go with him and his friend as a group of three to go get some alcohol in the ville and he would give me some pizza. I was all for that I realized that I couldn't go with them if they were going to stay out late (I have to get up and go early tomorrow). He said they just were going to go to a little store off post and buy it and come back on post. I was like oh yeah I can help with that. So I went with them. it was funny that was the first time I have done that since I have been here in Korea, I am sure that it was like their millionth time doing it along with everyone else here.

They wanted to see if there was a guy at one of the bars who was one of their friends. I was like sure why not, so I went with them. Korean bars are funny. There are girls that hang out at the bars and hang out with the guys who come to the bar. They wear sexy little dresses, and they are like major flirts. They are called Juicy Girls and they are hired by the bars to get the guys to buy them drinks all night long to make the bars more money.

I have never seen a bar here before until tonight, I am glad. It was silly. The girls stood up right when I went in there and went over to us to have us start drinking. Luckily the guy my buddies wanted to talk to wasn't there so we left and D____ and his friend went home. I followed them back and then excused myself from their drinking party.
Shoes for sale
April 6

Yesterday the temple was fun. Brother P____ picked us up at around 7:45 and we drove through the city getting lost in urban heck if you know what I mean-sightseeing at 50 KMPH. we had a good time at the temple. I Had a good time with Jacob W____, he is my new best friend i guess. He and I seem to always be hanging out, and he is pretty cool so I am not complaining. after the session everyone was hungry and we had to pick up the P___'s kids who were at their high school about 25 miles (i would guess) from home.

Today was similar time frame wise. W____ and I had to figure out how to ride the train to The church so that was an adventure. On our way there the train we got on first stopped and we were stuck for about 30 minutes while waiting for something to happen, finally the doors opened and we got off and went to another train as that one started to go back to where it came from. we were glad we got off. we got on the next train and finally made it to church. We were 45 minutes early (I did that so I could gauge how long the ride would be so we didn't have to leave so early next time.

At church I helped pass the Sacrament. just kind of normal in that department. Then I was called to be the second counselor in the young men's presidency. I am really excited for that calling. we had a good fast meeting today (conference is next week). there were a lot of good testimonies given.

I went to Young Men's and that was pretty cool, there are some really good young people here in the branch. One of them conducted the meeting and another one gave the lesson. It was about missionary work, and being a good Christ-like example.
Eating squid

April 9

My day started yesterday at about 8:00 am you heard all of that, but the next day started at about 8:30 pm without sleep, at first it was okay; I have this mindset that I cannot take a nap during the day which usually is a very good thing but when the days aren't "normal" it can have an effect.

I went to work kind of tired already. I had to play radio guard all night on a very staticy radio. Most of the calls I couldn't even hear what was said, let alone know how to reply. We spent all night trying to stay awake, we tried to talk, I tried to draw, we tried to play some games, but in the end it was just sitting there trying to stay awake.

The hardest part was the last two hours because we had to sit there during this extremely "exciting" meeting, and not fall asleep I had not been asleep for nearly 24 hours by then and that was the most difficult part of the day. It was finally over and then I was able to go home and go to sleep. I was very glad that I was able to talk to you and see the kids at least for a little of Derrick's birthday. I am glad that everything was good for that.
City boardwalk through the street

April 12

This morning W____ asked me if I wanted to go on a trip to Seoul. I want to go before it becomes too late and we become too busy. So I told him I would go.

We met some of his buddies and had a spur of the moment trip. I bought a train card. It is the way to go, it is so much cheaper than buying a ticket. it only cost me about 5 bucks to ride the train all day today. I had places I wanted to go and I wasn't sure if anyone had any other plans.

At the military museum we got to witness a whole performance from the Korean Military. with really cool costumes, marching, music, and sword fighting. We got some pretty good video and pictures of it too.

After the performance we went inside the museum. We went quickly through the museum checking out some of the cool displays they had there about the Korean war. it was pretty cool. outside they had a bunch of Static displays of aircraft and even a battleship. we got some pretty cool pictures of those,






By about that time it was time for W____ and I to leave to go to the priesthood session of conference at the church. We found a subway entrance, and we took the wrong train at first then I took charge of the trip and got us off that train and on the right train then back to Dongdeucheon for the meeting. We had a good time on the whole trip. After about an hour and a forty five minutes we got to church a little late. We changed into our Sunday clothes in the bathroom and went into the meeting. After the session was over we had Ice cream at church it was the first time I had had it since I have been here. It was really good.

We came back home from church and looked through the city of Uijeongbu just before we came home it was a long day but fun. in total we were gone for almost 13 hours


April 13

Today I watched conference and hung out with my roommates (they watched Duck Dynasty, and I watched conference). I liked conference. There were so many talks I can't remember what they were about. That is usually how conference goes for me. I do remember who gave my favorite talks. I like President Uchdorf. I always like him. I liked the talk by the guy with the crazy eastern European accent. His name was Elder Marcos A. Aidukaitis, I didn't just think his accent was cool I actually liked his talk while I was listening even though I can't remember what it was about. I also Liked Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk about Christ too. It was simple and good.

April 17

I got ready for scouts and was at the bus stop by 4:45 pm waiting for the bus. I found out that bees are a good ice breaker, because there were bees flying around this tree I was sitting next to (it had lots of flowers on it) and I was kind of freaking out and got the attention of a guy sitting next to me. When they started attacking him to he started swatting at them too, it actually wasn't that bad just like one or two. By the time they left us alone we became pretty good friends and we talked about fixing cars and some other stuff the whole ride to Camp Casey. He was pretty cool.

When I was at Camp Casey I went to the PX to get some stuff I have needed for a little while and they do not have that stuff here (our PX is very small).

Scouts was fun I was the only young men's leader there, so the sister's were glad that their boys had something to do. I got to be with two guys, A___, and J___. A____ is President H____'s son and J___ is a non-member family's son who is just there for the scouting. He has been in scouts in a school aspect before but not a church one, he said it was a little different. I thought that it was cool.




These two guys took charge of the meeting, and A___ did awesome. He basically planned the whole court of Honor they are having in may, where he is going to get his life scout award, and J___ will get his Tenderfoot award. I found out just what things they had to do for their requirements and then We just talked and hung out, it took about an hour. It was a really good meeting. Afterward we kind of hung out for a little while, I then left, caught the train back to Camp Casey, then waited around for the bus that left at about 9:00 pm I got back to camp Stanley at about 9:55.

The night was awesome! I found out that we go on camps every month (like scouts usually do) so I think I am going to be getting a lot of field time coming up, both with the army and with church.
Camp Casey Fountain
April 18
This morning before lunch was a pretty easygoing day. SPC H___ is a perfectionist and because of that he wants me to make myself look better than I do. I kind of been slacking for the past little while. my uniforms are not looking that well kept and I just don't care to organize my equipment as much as others around here. I do not think SPC H____ appreciates it, but instead of getting in my face about it he came to my room this morning and helped me re adjust all of my equipment such as my armor (we pulled all of the pockets from my Vest and attached them directly to the armor); and my Ruck sack (we rolled and taped my webbing that hangs off of it so it looks better). He is really a cool guy. He has helped me to do a lot of stuff like that. it is so much more motivational than the last guys. I actually have the desire to look a little bit better and be a little bit better.

I was also able to this morning get my Warrant Officer packet printed off for tomorrow. I have spent the entire day doing that and getting maps and stuff for our long trip tomorrow together. I am excited. I think it is going to be three hours one way. give or take. then we are going to have I am assuming a pretty casual interview with CW5 J____, I suppose, since it is Saturday.

This afternoon I was sorry I accidentally hung up on you, but G____ came in and told me I was assigned to be his battle buddy to go to Camp Casey so he could do some administrative stuff up there. We went there and while walking into the building I told him that we were going to the place I have been and that I know someone that works in the building we were going to. right as I said that President H____ from the Branch tapped me on the shoulder and said hi. It was pretty funny.

April 19 (The day he met with the Chief Warrant Officer)

Today started this morning when H______ and I left at 7:00 am. It did not get over until 7:04 pm. The entire thing was for an hour and a half meeting at lunch that just I went to. and the rest of the time was for travelling. It was a long trip!

Well CW5 J____ is LDS. I did find that out for sure today. He asked me about my calling, and about some if the stuff that I do in church, he also asked me about some of the things that I did in the army so far that would make me stand out.

Are you sick with anticipation yet?

The reason he asked me about that was for one, to find out a little bit about me, and two : he wanted to know what things he could comment about that would look good on my Letter of recommendation when he writes it for me! I got it!!!!

He was way cool. He asked me about a lot of things to clarify my packet and how to make it better. He also gave me some feedback on other ways I could improve my packet. He was so nice too. He asked me about my college and he talked to me about my transcript and about some of my flight time. we were talking just back and forth together, I love meetings like that. it is so cool. he asked if I had any questions for him and I responded with could I see what he flies. So he took H______ and me to where he works. He is not a helicopter Pilot. he flies fixed wing planes for the army.

He took us down to check out his planes and he explained some stuff about them. it was pretty cool.

It was a really good meeting. He gave me a signed checklist. I still have some more stuff to do on my packet but for the most part it is ready to go.

Well that is about it for that.

H______ was funny he didn't like being outside of Camp Stanley. He doesn't like Korea that much, and he has never been outside of the base to Uijeongbu let alone to camp Humphreys, before today, he has never been on a bus nor train before today, and he has never gotten out Won from the bank before today. He did a lot of new things today, and I don't think he enjoyed any of it, well at least not the way I would.

He did take a few pictures and I really think somewhere down inside he enjoyed himself, but he doesn't show it at all.

The Train ride was extremely long. we did probably about 56 stops and in between stops there was probably about 3-4 minutes of drive time. it took forever. By the time we got back we were both ready to never use the train again. To make it worse, it was crowded. We didn't sit pretty much the whole time we were on the train. three hours each way non stop. On a positive note I did learn how to train surf really well.

When I got back I decided to celebrate. I went out to eat a hamburger and fries and a drink. I didn't want to go to the food court and get a fast food hamburger, so I went to the bowling alley here that serves food just to get it eat and then leave.

While I was there I ran into a few guys from S3 who were going to bowl. they asked me if I wanted to join, so I did play two games with them for my personal celebration. It was fun. I am so happy that I have this hurdle out of the way. I am so glad that today was a good day.

April 20

After Church we stayed for a little while and chit chatted with some of the members. then we took the train to Camp Casey to go to church with everyone else who was there, so we could keep up with them so we could find our way to the UIjeongbu Chapel when the time came. Church on post there was great. there were about 20 people there which is unheard of. there are usually 1 or 2 others there besides the missionaries. and the meeting was, as usual short but good and spiritual. Elder Moore and elder Phil gave quick talk/testimonies on Jesus Christ and the Atonement. and then we kind of hung around there and talked to the new guys that have been stationed at Camp Casey for a while they are all pretty cool.

After that church meeting, we snagged a ride down to Uijeongbu (pronounced wee jong boo) with Brother P_____. and a few other guys were with us, it was pretty fun to just hang out and talk during the ride. I was in a pretty fun mood and I had a lot of fun just talking to the guys in the car about who they were and where they worked etc... One of the guys getting baptized today rode with us, his name was get this...Vihn. pronounced just like Veronica's nick-name.

At the baptism we were kind of early so we just hung around until everyone else showed up. the church in Uijeongbu was way nice. I don't know why we don't have church there but oh well. the baptism went great, there were four people baptized and confirmed. it was funny the font water was way shallow, because I would guess because short people generally use it, but everyone got through. It was really spiritual. again we hung out after the baptism. We had a dinner that the Relief Society provided, it was really good to finally eat after all day. Then W____ and I talked with and hung out with the missionaries until everyone else left. we then left the missionaries, walked to the bus stop with a slight detour through the market area of the city just to check it out. we got a couple of photographical opportunities and then snagged a bus and came home. The last part of the night was when I talked to W____ for about 45 minutes outside of his barracks.
Hanging out with the missionaries
April 21 (Brandon needed a sealed copy of his college transcript to update some things for his packet.  He had one, but it was here in Texas.  I sent it to him in an express mail package and it took a little less than a week to get there.)

This afternoon I was able to get my ERB fixed, thanks to you. thank you so much for sending me the express package. It got here tday and it worked out great. I was able to get everything that I need done at S1 including the signature I need from them. all I need now is for captain M_____ to get me back the digitally signed letter, and do a physical fitness test on Friday, I need to do a little rewriting of my packet then I can turn it in. Yay!!! and then I will have it. I am very excited. Oh yeah, I need the official letter from CW J____ too.

April 22

Another cool thing happened this afternoon. I had an interesting conversation with a guy that I work with named G____. He was talking to me about religion and asked me what Mormon's believed on some random subject. I really don't even remember what the subject was, but it got us on to a 4 hour discussion of things like the Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ, what exactly the Atonement was, and if there is a Heaven and Hell. G____ doesn't really believe in The bible, Jesus Christ, or pretty much the whole Christian religion. He does believe in God though, and that is a good place to start. The cool part about this afternoon was when we were talking, another guy that I work with named T____ chimed in and started asking questions to me to, along with giving us funny interjections too. We had a really good discussion, we even talked for about two hours or so in their room about it.

At one point I even ran back to my room and got a Book of Mormon to show them, and T_____ asked me, he said "If I wanted to look at your book of Mormon what would you say, could I?" To which I promptly gave it up and said "its yours, keep it", he said he was interested in reading it, because he had read the Koran, and other religious books, and was curious what was in it.

I told them that there was a way to find out God's will, and all three of us read Moroni 10: 4-5, and then I asked them to tell me what it meant, G____ got it pretty quickly but T____ has a hard time with the way it is written, you know "And it came to pass", etc... T____ said he was going to read it and I told him if he had any questions to let me know. He told me he would most likely have some questions. I was very happy about that. We had a good afternoon and evening, and were even talking together at the chow hall. We got a few of the people around us to chime in to the conversation too. it was way cool.

They both seemed like I had said some stuff that they had never thought of before they both seemed pretty interested to keep on talking. but eventually it died down. At one point G___ told me that Jesus Christ was just a fictional character to give Christianity a hero to look to to embody their beliefs. I asked if he knew what Christ did here on earth, he really couldn't give a straight answer except that he just told everyone to be good, and was killed for it. Both T____ and G____, seemed like they caught on to the death and sin thing when I told them about it. It was really cool.

I had two favorite parts of the day today, well three counting you of course. They were talking to G___ and T____ about my religion, and when I got my Book of Mormon I realized that it was where I was storing the pictures we got of our family together when we went to the park with Lindsey. I had forgotten about those. I have looked at them several times since this afternoon. I have the most adorable wife and children in the world. Thank you for wanting to get them done not only for me, but for them.

April 23

I have good news, I am a little more independent today. I had to spend a little bit of money, $15, and now I have a cell phone!!! (don't worry no plans or anything)

The Lady at the cell phone store was way nice she spoke a little english, enough to sell soldiers cell phones when they need them. I got a very cheap gray sliding phone that has a camera and accepts calls and text messages I paid $15.00 for it the activation and 40 minutes. I am happy. The lady kept telling me to take off my back pack and sit and relax while she activated it. I guess I have a hard time doing that. I took my back pack off but I didn't sit. I looked at all of the stuff on her walls, like phone cases and accessories. She had a $2.00 bill in a picture frame on the wall. I thought that it was kind of cool to see that here in Korea.

April 24

I am sure you noticed that I wasn't able to talk to you this afternoon (last night). I wish I could have but, I was at the range today trying to qualify with my weapon. I really do not like going to the range, and I really do not like shooting. That being said I actually had an enjoyable time today doing it.

This morning we woke up early, and got out our weapons. as usual here it is chilly in the morning. so I was wishing I had some warm gear on, but later when it warmed up I knew I wouldn't. I walked with the guys in my platoon going to the range it seems to be the end all range around here the only accessible close range to Camp Stanley. I do not mind walking it is actually quite enjoyable to walk out of the gate in the morning and feel and breath the cool fresh air. A lot of times in the morning around here it is Foggy or really misty and this morning was no exception, we couldn't see most of Uijeongbu as we walked toward it, while we were at the range (which is right next to it) we could only see the closest high rise buildings. as the afternoon went on we could see more as the fog burned off by about elevenish.

the first thing that we have to do at the range is Zero our weapon, that means make the bullets go close together in the same area. more often when I have gone to the range I have had issues with this. sometimes I try and adjust the sight and I can never get it working right. I have had lots of problems with it then the sergeants who are around me give me grief about it, They always make me do it The "army's way" and I try but usually it doesn’t work satisfactorily. As I was watching a Sergeant today I noticed how he was doing everything and when it was my turn I tried to mimic what he was doing. he decided he was going to leave the center target for his final shots to make sure his zero was good. He hit a smaller mark on the paper but got it within limits. When it was my turn to do It I did the same thing. (he wasn't there anymore, and I was glad that there was another private working with me. That meant I could do it how I wanted) Another sergeant was going around checking everyone's stuff and he noticed my target and was kind of upset when I took it down, I was satisfied it was a lot better than I had ever done before. (besides no one ever looks at the paper except me anyway).

Before I zeroed I helped the private who stayed with me Zero his weapon, I realized I knew what I was doing, I helped him zero his weapon pretty well. I knew what the problems he was having were, and I knew how to solve them. By the time I was done with him he was zeroed. It was nice not really having to work with any crazy leaders doing that today.

The other Miracle of the day was that I qualified with only one try. I got my average highest score, about a 26. After I was done with the day I walked back home with a few of the guys and finally took off all of my gear for the first time all day. I was hot and sweaty, and it was a relief. We cleaned our weapons and turned them in, and that was pretty much it for the day.

April 24

I thought I would let you know that I just passed my Physical fitness test with a 248 out of 300. best ever!! very excited, I am now going to take a shower.

April 26

I had an enjoyable day today. I woke up late, about 6:30 am, and I couldn't sleep after that. So I laid in bed until about 7 then I got up and made myself breakfast. I had breakfast burritos, my little hot plate that I bought doesn't get too hot, but it is hot enough to cook noodles, and make eggs, which is good enough. I had eggs and lunchmeat with cheese and salsa on a tortilla shell. it was pretty good. I haven't had a breakfast like that for a while. I then started working on my warrant officer stuff, after an hour or so I needed a break and I figured out how to use my computer to call Mom and Dad. They happened to be in Arizona with Bryan and Kara, so I not only got to talk to them, but I got to talk to Bryan too. It was cool that I was able to do that over e-mail. After about a 45 minute break I continued for the rest of the morning working on my warrant officer stuff.

I am just going through it very slowly and checking everything; all of the little details, making sure everything is there, and its legible. this afternoon W____ came over to talk to me right as I was leaving to go take a walk and get out of my room for a minute. Then we decided to go to the commissary so he and I could pick up a few things for the upcoming week. The Easter candy is all on sale so I bought a bit of it. I have a small container full of change and I spent that on food and some Easter candy today, I was really happy about that. I felt like I deserved a treat day for sacrificing treats for a while to get a good APFT score yesterday.

Then W____ conned me in to going with him and two of his friends to Camp Casey to run some errands. I brought along my computer so I could use it while they were running some errands. and you would be so proud of me, I did use it, and I worked on my Warrant Officer stuff all afternoon whenever I got a spare moment to do so. While I was at Camp Casey I saw a few buddies from ____ company, I feel bad for them they all seem like they are miserable, like training is killing them. I am so glad to be away from there. All I got from anyone I saw was that it was stupid and that they wish they weren't there. So I do not know what is up.

After running a few errands with W____ and his friends we got on the train back to the Uijeongbu Station, and got off. We were going to take the taxi back to Camp Stanley, but we decided to walk through this Huge 10 story mall at the train station, I can't even begin to remember how to spell it's name. If you thought the Malls in Texas and Utah were expensive you should see the prices here. 200,000 wan, about equated to $ 200 for a pair of pants. There was a pillow case for I think 110,000 wan. It was all really cool, Stuff I would never buy, but it was cool.

I refuse to pay cab fare if there is a bus available and I don't need to be somewhere in a hurry, so I didn't pay for it, but we got a cab back to Camp Stanley from Uijeongbu, (about a ten minute ride). We had a pretty good evening, I got back here and have been continuing to get everything together for my warrant Officer stuff since. I just remembered that I needed to e-mail you so I thought I would take care of that before I forgot


April 27

After church, I had asked Brother P____ if he had a scanner I could borrow, and that ended up being a great thing to do because he did. I needed to scan some things for my packet.

That turned into a whole afternoon at their house complete with board games and dinner. and hanging out with their kids. It is always a really good time.

W_____ didn't mind he had never been there before. I think he had fun, he drags me places, and I do the same. We have a really weird relationship. Oh and we are home teaching companions now too.

We kind of half played Monopoly with their kids, and half goofed off. then after dinner, we Played scrabble with Brother and Sister P____n that was crazy, they are scrabble nuts, they had two scrabble dictionaries, and an app for finding words. it was fun.

We were almost done with the game when my phone rang, and we were called back to Stanley to be on alert. so we rushed back home. Bro P____ gave us a ride to the bus stop, and we got on the long train ride back to Uijeongbu, then the city bus back to the base.

We finally made it back, I quickly got dressed in my uniform, I knew it was going to be a long night so I made sure to grab my computer so while I was sitting in the brad I could work on my packet some more. I was correct in my assumption. I got to the Brad and quickly got it ready, H_____ wasn't there, but I found out from G____ that he was with T_____ and G_______l, getting the weapons. I uncovered and made ready the track. and I spent the rest of the night doing odd things and keeping the vehicle on and running. I worked on my Packet ( I am rewriting some of the stuff in the resume part to make it sound better.) H_____h got back and we just chatted over the radios intercom for a few hours or so while the alert was going on. We finally finished about 10:40ish or so.

We spent the rest of the night until one o'clock waiting to turn in weapons that was as fun as could be although I did get a chance to spread some gospel love around again. T_____ and G_____ got in the conversation and so did another guy here. it was cool. finally after leaving the Brads at 10:40ish we went to bed at around 1:30 am. EVERYTHING takes forever in the army.

Well that's the highlights from this month.  Hopefully within the next few days I'll be able to announce that Brandon has turned in his packet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers