It's the first Thursday of November so here is a list of the people I've written a Thank You Note to each day this month.
This is kind of a hard post to write. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging about being such a great person by writing thank you notes. I just want to list who I've written and why.
Friday, November 1 - Brandon was the first person I knew I had to thank this month. He is the best part of my life. I rely on him so much. He does so much for me and for our family - especially during these last few weeks.
So I wrote him a long note to tell him how much I appreciate everything he does. Then I left it on the kitchen counter for him to find.
Saturday, November 2 - On my very first Sunday here in Texas I met a girl from my hometown. Sarah and I found out that we were in the same graduating class and even went to the same high school for a semester, but we never met back then. It's a shame that we didn't because she is very nice. So nice in fact, that she passed on her piano to me when she moved out of state. She even took care of figuring out how to transport the piano to my house.
I wrote her a quick facebook message thanking her for the piano, and for being my first friend in the ward.
Sunday, November 3 - When I was single I lived with my Aunt Vera for a school year. She had an across the street neighbor named Lindsey. Lindsey had 3 little boys and was pregnant with a girl when I met her. I spent a lot of time in singles wards after I moved out of my parents' house so she was one of the few mothers that I knew during my early 20s. Even after I was married I didn't know many other women who had kids yet - and the ones I did know only had one or two little babies. So Lindsey always stands out in my memory as what an experienced mother is like.
I wrote her a facebook message listing several of the things she said and did that I remember. I told her how those things that she unknowingly taught me help me with my own kids.
Monday, November 4 - My neighbor Marlene was a big help to me when we lived in Bountiful and Brandon was at basic training. She'd often come over and watch the kids when I needed a quick break. I remember one day in particular when I reached a point where I just couldn't deal with the kids anymore. I looked out my window and saw Marlene in the common area between apartment buildings. I asked her to come in and watch my kids while I took a walk around the complex to relax. She came in right away and entertained the kids with videos on her phone until I came back.
I wrote her a quick facebook message thanking her for being a great neighbor.
Tuesday, November 5 - Brandon was the ward mission leader when I was pregnant with Derrick. One day the Sister Missionaries were over at our house and they asked if we needed anything. I jokingly told them that I needed my bathroom cleaned. They readily offered to clean it. Their service helped me know that I could ask people for help with things that I needed.
Thanks to the magic of social media I'm friends with one of the sisters on facebook. So I messaged Celinda and thanked her for her service.
Wednesday, November 6 - This was probably the most overdue thank you note that I wrote all week. 16 years ago I had the time of my life at my first year of girls camp. And it was all due to one leader in particular - Sharon. She was so much fun. We played pranks and did silly things that she came up with. A few years ago I wrote a blog post about all the things that went on that year. And it really got me thinking how many of those memories I owed to Sharon.
I (you guessed it) wrote her a facebook message and told her how much fun I had. I also included the link to my blog post. (You can read it here.)
Well that's it for this week. If you are participating in this whole Thankful Thursday Thank You Note Thing go ahead and leave a comment with who you thanked and why. Or you can leave a comment with a link to your own blog post about who you thanked.
And it's never too late to start. So if you haven't written a thank you note yet just grab a pen and paper (or jump on facebook) and write someone. It's an easy way to brighten someones day.
Streaming Movies
-
This post was originally published on East Idaho Collective on January 31,
2023. EIM closed on February 15, 2023. I have moved my posts to this blog
in ord...
3 years ago

As I read your post, I thought, "Oh, yeah, November is coming up and I need to start thinking of who to write a thank you note to." Then I realized today is the 9th of November already!
ReplyDelete