Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Thanksgiving Thought

The other day Brandon and I were talking about how brave the Pilgrams must have been.  I mean, they got on a boat, sailed for months, and landed in a brand new land.  There wasn't even a dock to meet them.

We had trouble moving to Texas in the 21st century.  I can't even imagine what the Pilgrams went through.

Later we read this verse in the Book of Mormon that I think applies to the Pilgrims.  It's 2 Nephi 1 6-5.

6 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord.

7 Wherefore, this a land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever.

I don't know much about the details of the Pilgrams decision to migrate to America.  But I'm willing to bet that their leaders felt the influence of the Holy Ghost as they looked for a place to worship God according to their beliefs.  

I don't know about you, but I'm glad that they had the courage to come to a new land.  We owe everything to brave people like the Pilgrims.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers