Baby D has officially overstayed her welcome inside my body. As of today I am 40 weeks and 6 days along. (For those not up on pregnancy lingo 40 weeks is the typical length of a pregnancy.)
At my Drs appointment today I was still only dilated to a 3.5. UGGGGG!
We set up an appointment for induction on Friday September 27 at 6:00 am. (That was the earliest time my doctor/hospital could schedule it. If it was up to me we would have scheduled it for this afternoon.)
Physically I'm okay waiting until Friday. Brandon is still on Rear-D while the rest of his unit is at EIB so he's able to be home and help out a lot. But mentally I'm am so sick of being pregnant. I'm sick of waiting and wondering when this baby will show up. I've had several neighbors and friends on standby "just in case something happens tonight." We've been cleaning, doing laundry, and grocery shopping with an impending delivery in mind for at least a month now. We haven't made any plans or commitments in weeks because "we might have the baby." I think the best illustration of our readiness is that Brandon has fixed EVERYTHING on his to do list.
I'm also bored of hearing "advise" on how to get labor started. But I'd love suggestions on things to do to keep my mind off of being pregnant. I'm hoping to find some time to get a lot of work done on the girls' Halloween costumes.
Of course Baby D could decide to come earlier than Friday. I would LOVE it if that were the case. I keep imagining 16 years from now she will be too young to go on a date to Homecoming or something. And I'll tell her, "well you were the one that decided to wait forever to be born!"
Streaming Movies
-
This post was originally published on East Idaho Collective on January 31,
2023. EIM closed on February 15, 2023. I have moved my posts to this blog
in ord...
3 years ago

Well the 27th is a good day. It is Aidan, Elena and your Great Grandma Martin's Birthday. Good luck with everything!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved being a september baby, I got to do everything first. Driving, dating, first in my whole school year. I would think the only reason she wouldn't like it would be because all of her friends will be younger than her, but I got to go to al three years of Homecoming and all that because I was always the oldest. Now she could definitely complain if she was an August or July baby, because those are the young ones. But september is an awesome month to be born in! She will love it!
ReplyDeleteWish I had some good advice. I was a miserable human being the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy with Ellen. I think I spent most of my time crying and alternating between begging her and ordering her to be born ;) I think you're having a way better attitude than I did. In retrospect everything happened perfectly, but that's the thing about hindsight. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete