Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Adjusting

Well we've been home for 2 days now, and things are slowly starting to feel more normal.  The first night with Veronica home was rough, but not as rough as the first night home with the other kids.  It's so nice to only have to worry about one baby waking up during the night.  (Though the other kids have been sick so they've been waking up too - but at least we don't have to do as much for them.)

Charlotte, Lydia, and Derrick have all seemed to be extra emotional these past few days.  It's party due to their colds.  But I also suspect that having me disappear for 3 days and then come home with a baby has majorly thrown them for a loop.  

Brandon took the girls to the park and grocery shopping yesterday.  They really enjoyed getting out of the house.  Derrick was supposed to go with too, but he threw a fit at the last minute.  So he stayed home with me.  We watched Apollo 13 and he sat right next to me for at least 30 minutes of the movie.  Veronica woke up and I had to take care of her and Derrick just played quietly around the house.  I think he was just happy to have me home again.  

I'm so glad that Brandon gets 10 days of paternity leave.  It's so nice to know that he can be here for the kids.  With all the other kids he was exhausted from trying to take care of things at home while balancing work stuff.  Plus all I have to worry about it feeding Veronica, holding emotional kids, and getting my strength back.  

Here's Brandon with Veronica.  She's completely captured his heart. 
 Veronica likes to be swaddled, but she doesn't NEED it all the time. Here she is passed out on my bed.
 Lydia is always asking to hold Veronica.
 Derrick wanted his picture taken too.  He can get a little jelouse of all the attention Veronica is getting.  But he's also really sweet to her.  (And check out the Netfix screen in the back ground.  We've talked about getting a subscription forever, but I've been hesitant to get one because I'm afraid of how much time I would waste watching TV.  But I figure that I might as well have some new things to watch while I am trapped under a nursing baby.)
 And here I am.  I'm still really weak, and I get lightheaded easily.  I'm also still pretty pale.  Today I noticed that even my freckles are white.  But everyday I feel a little bit better.  Oddly enough I haven't needed that much pain medication this time around.  I didn't take anything when I was at the hospital and now that I'm home I just take a Motrin every 12 hours or so.  I guess that's one of the nice things about a fast labor.
 And because we have a picture of all the other kids, here is one of Charlotte.  She's wheeling all her babies and animals around.  She likes to hold Veronica too, but she isn't always asking like Lydia does.  She loves to watch me change and feed Veronica.  Today I found her in the rocking chair feeding a "bottle" to her "cowie."
This is one of the pictures that Lindsey took.  She visited me at the hospital on the my second night there.  
 She took this picture of me.  This was before I was able to take a shower.  You can see one of the leads that was connected to me for the spinal block.  When I finally had my IV removed I took a shower and got rid of all the medical tape, leads, and blood that were all over me.  It was nice to feel more like a patient again.
 And here is one more picture of Veronica.  She is such a little doll.  And we just love her to pieces.
My Aunt Julie figured out why Veronica didn't come on a holiday. It's hard for babies to hear in the womb and so every time I said that I wanted Veronica to be born "on a Holiday" she heard "in the Hallway."  Silly baby.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby! I just discovered your blog through Conversion Diary. What a busy life you must have! I know what it's like to have children close together (4, 3 and 2) and wow, you are taking it to a whole new level with 4 under 4! Hats off to you, and for managing to keep a blog as well. Beautiful family and great blog!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers