Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Worth It!

We had quite the adventure/ordeal getting to Fort Hood.  I'll tell you the details once it changes from being a traumatic memory to being a funny story.  But it's all still too raw to do that yet.  The gist of the story is that we had a great trip until the jeep broke down at the New Mexico/Texas border.  After running through contingency plans B through EE we were finally rescued by my wonderful sister Lindsey.  She basically drove 10 hours on 10 minutes notice with her two little kids to come get us.

We pulled into Fort Hood just in time for Brandon to report to his unit this morning.  Once that was taken care of we picked up the keys to our house and went to take a look. 

This is what we found.  It's actually a duplex.  Our garage (yes we have a garage!) shares a wall with the neighbors'. 
Brandon and I walked in through the door and I almost cried tears of gratitude at what I saw.  I think our entire first apartment could fit inside this living room.
 This is the view of the kitchen AND dining room from the living room.
I am so excited to have a dinning room.  No more dinners in the living room for us!  And look we get double french doors that lead out to our patio.
Our kitchen probably has as many cupboards as our first four apartments did combined.
 This is another view of the living room looking toward the front door.  I still can't get over how much space I have.
As I said earlier WE HAVE A GARAGE!  Three and a half months of shepparding toddler twins across a parking lot while holding a diaper bag and a baby carrier have paid off.
 This is the view of the hall way that leads to the FOUR bedrooms.
 Here is one of the two bathrooms.  This bathroom actually looks big enough to attempt potty training.

 This is one of the bedrooms.  There are THREE more like it.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep the kids together or split the twins and Derrick up.  At least one room will have guest room status (hint, hint).
  This is the master bedroom.  We have our own bathroom and a walk in closet.
 We already lost Lydia in this closet once.  
 Oh and back on the other side of the house we have a mudroom off of the garage.  And there is a pantry/storage type room next to it.
 This is the view of the back of the house.  We have a nice covered patio.
 And we have a YARD!!!!  I am so excited to let the kids run around out here without having to watch them every singe second.
 Here is one final view of the house. In a lot of ways it doesn't seem real yet.  Our stuff wont show up for a few more days so me and the kids are in Houston with my sister to take care of laundry and other things.  We'll go back to the house tomorrow.   Brandon is there right now.
And sometime soon we need to go back to New Mexico to get the jeep.  But that's a story for another day.

4 comments:

  1. Yikes for the horrible stuff but YAY FOR YOUR HOUSE!!!! It looks gorgeous and PERFECT for raising three little people :) So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great place. Sorry you had a hard time getting there! Good luck unpacking once your stuff gets there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get a chance to send you off. Please keep up on your posts. Please, your my BF.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers