The five of you who have followed this blog for a while will remember that in the early part of 2010 Brandon and I were BORED! So bored that the highlight of our week was usually a hike somewhere around Logan. For the rest of you who are new to this blog here is a link to a post about one of those hikes.
Well now we are far from bored, but we've started going on weekly "family dates" to different parks. We pack a picnic dinner and go have fun every Friday night. This week we took the girls on their first hike.
First we all had dinner. The girls are getting better at eating at the table.
Then we went hiking, The girls love blowing on dandelions.We went by a little steam.
I was paired up with Lydia and I learned something new about her personality. She notices everything. Rocks, bugs, sticks, berries, seeds, etc. They grab and hold her attention This makes her a very slow hiking buddy.
Charlotte on the other hand is in "go mode" the whole time. She charged up the trail.
I was pretty bored with Lydia and Brandon kept try trying to get Charlotte to slow down so eventually we switched who we were paired with.
The path narrowed and the plants got pokey so we turned around and played in the sand on a volleyball court.
Our hike wasn't the only thing we did last weekend. We also went to Liberty park. We came prepared with swim diapers and a change of clothes. The girls played their hearts out in the fountain.
When they got cold they warmed up with their towels.
They had so much fun!!! We are going to have to do this some more.
Then Brandon's siblings showed up with their families and we had a picnic. We all went to Tracy Aviary. I haven't been there since first grade. A lot has changed!
I'm not much of a bird person so it's good I got in free with a Mother's day special. Most of the time I forgot that we were even supposed to be looking at birds. I enjoyed watching my girls see the birds and interact with their cousins.
Charlotte and Lydia eventually abandoned the stroller in favor of Bestemor's wagon.
The peacocks were about the coolest things for me. I was impressed that they could get into trees. I thought their natural habitat was a well manicured lawn. (Like I said - I'm not a bird person)
Everyone had a great time, but soon it was time to go. Derrick was hungry, the girls were tired, and my parents were going to be at my house to babysit so Brandon and I could go see The Avengers. So we said good bye and went home.
The Avengers rocked!!!!!!!! I could totally geek out and tell you all about how awesome it was, but I don't want to spoil anything. Lets just say that finally seeing SHIELD's flying fortress was one of the greatest film payoffs ever. I've been waiting for that moment since Agent Colsen said that he was with SHIELD in the first Iron Man. I was so excited when that happened that I fell off the couch.
I told Brandon that we need to make seeing the big summer blockbuster a Mothers Day tradition. Speaking of Mothers Day traditions I got my first ever child craft gift from the girls/their nursery leaders.
The girls were exhorted from their big weekend, but we didn't want to totally screw up their sleep schedules by putting them to bed after church. So instead we too them on a walk and they fell asleep anyway. It worked out that my brother called me from his mission while we were walking. So I was able to talk to him without four little hands trying to grab the phone.
It was a great weekend. I can't wait for the next one (especially since we will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary.)


















Glad you liked the Avergers!
ReplyDeleteYou are still so good at getting out! That reminds me that I want to go to Liberty Park again soon. Nathaniel really wants to see The Avengers too. Happy 5 years!
ReplyDeleteyay for nice weather and fun things :)
ReplyDelete