Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The waiting game

"I haven't had the baby yet."  That's how I've started most phone conversations lately.  It's my due date today so everyone has been a little on edge when they see my name on their caller ID.  I've also been dilated at 5 cms since at least Monday when my Doctor stripped my membranes so that is really putting everyone on edge.  But NOTHING is happening.  And the anticipation is killing me. 
I am proud that I made it to my due date.  What gets me is that I'M AT A FIVE!  On Monday my doctor said she'd be surprised if I made it to my next week's appointment, but if I did then we would talk about inducing.  She left the room saying, "maybe I'll see you later today." We've been on high alert pregnancy wise since then.  Every night I go to bed thinking that I'll wake up at 2:00 am or something to contractions or my water breaking.  And every morning I am severely disappointed when I wake up at 6:00 to the regular morning routine.

I've been passing the time by sleeping, watching movies and TV (we got a digital converter box from Brandon's Grandma's house so we are trying it out) and crafting.  I framed this card for above the girl's cribs.
And I made this for the kitchen.  It say's Putting the MESS in domestic.  That's kind of my theme around here.  (Yesterday I discovered how to blow up a can of frozen orange juice using the microwave.)
So yeah, if my name shows up on your Caller ID its because I'm bored, not because I had the baby.

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are still hanging in there. I had some contractions started from eating Winger's Sticky Fingers with REBEL sauce. But they are HOT. Just a suggestion. If you feel like eating some good food while you wait & possibly smoke that baby out at the same time. I would not recommend castor oil at that many weeks though. I had success with it, for both kids, but 40+ weeks you really chance having the baby pass meconium in the amniotic sac. Anyway, might as well relax, he'll be here soon. I was always trying so hard to get my kids out, I was miserable doing it. But Winger's does sound good right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that got LE to come is walking and getting my heart rate up. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw the day jessica was due I played volley ball, went on a hike and went bowling. so there's a few ideas to get your contractions going. although bowling while pregnant sounds difficult it's much more difficult than it sounds. lol oh I didn't deliver for 2 more weeks so this isn't a proven method but I did try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you. You have to be close. Way to stay busy while you wait. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you too :) What a fun game the waiting game is, huh? I like your sign and that you blew up a can of OJ.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers