Two years ago I received my first ever positive result on a pregnancy test. Brandon and I were so excited at the prospect of having a baby. We'd been trying to get pregnant since about 3 months after we were married so we'd been waiting about two and a half years for that result.
During that 2 1/2 years I'd gone through a whole range of emotions about my apparent infertility. On one hand I was somewhat jealous of my friends who were able to have children. On the other hand I was relieved that we didn't have to juggle a baby and Brandon's school. I went to the doctor once to find out if anything was obviously wrong with me. I did have a GBS infection that could have been preventing pregnancy. However, even after I finished the antibiotics I didn't get pregnant right away.
Through it all I tried to keep a positive attitude. At one point I decided to just embrace my life for what it was and not waste time wishing for something else. Brandon and I spent a lot of time working on hobbies and enjoying each other's company. We planned 3 awesome vacations and did a lot of smaller activities too. I also found inspiration from 3 quotes that I talked about in the blog post where I announced my pregnancy.
We decided that if I wasn't pregnant by the time Brandon graduated then we would start looking into fertility treatments and things like that. I always had a sense that my fertility and Brandon's college experience were somehow tied together. Turns out they were VERY connected. I'm not kidding when I say that I got pregnant with the girls the very same week Brandon found out he could change his major and graduate immediately.
Of course when I did finally get that long sought after positive test I had no idea that in two years my family would go from looking like this . . .
to this . . .
All I can say is life can change fast. Make sure you are enjoying whatever phase you are in right now.
Streaming Movies
-
This post was originally published on East Idaho Collective on January 31,
2023. EIM closed on February 15, 2023. I have moved my posts to this blog
in ord...
3 years ago



What a cute family picture! Derrick looks so big.
ReplyDelete