The Sr missionaries of my branch gave me a little baby shower last night. I'd like to say it was nothing fancy, but it actually kind of was. Just check out the food that Mary Sue served! Amazing salad, amazing croissant sandwiches, amazing chocolate turtles for dessert!
I didn't really care if I had a shower or not for this baby. I feel like everyone just barely gave me so much. it hasn't even been 18 months since my last shower. But the Sr missionaries get together once a month anyway and they wanted to do this for me. Here are some of the women who were there. Kristy, Diane, Judy, Me and Ada. Carol was there too, but she had to leave before the picture. These women all come from different wards in the stake. Some of them knew each other before being called to the Branch, but for most of them they are just getting to know each other. We had a fun time talking and telling each other about things in our lives. And here is a terrible picture of me, but a good one of Mary Sue. She is so wonderful! They all are so wonderful. Like I said in the last post, they have all raised families, but when they talk to me it's like they are talking to a peer instead of someone much younger. I just soak up the knowledge that they give me. Whereas if it was unsolicited advise I'd completely ignore it. And they know that. Judy told me that she was so stubborn she refused to nurse her first 4 kids just because her Mother-in-law told her that she should nurse them. Yeah, these are my people :)
It was such a fun party and I'm glad Baby C (I almost wrote Derrick!) had a party to celebrate his upcoming birth. Even the fact that we had to pause the party to do some funeral planning was okay (our dear Penny passed on last Saturday.) Each of these women has been either RS President, compassionate service leader, or various other callings in their own wards - you should see them plan! It's awe inspiring to see how quickly they know what to do to get things done. I'm so glad I get to associate with these women.
And here I am, 36 weeks and more pregnant than I have ever been! (The girls were born at 35 weeks and6 days) I still feel pretty good - just big. Sometimes I breath so heavily that I drive myself nuts. Other than that and heartburn everything is going okay. I plan on staying pregnant for several more weeks.





The senior missionaries are indeed awesome! This post definitely made me smile.
ReplyDeleteOhh that's so cute!
ReplyDelete