I'm not an animal person. At all. But the girls have really started noticing animals in books, and they are obsessed with dogs. How obsessed? Well they don't say Mama or Mommy or really anything that resembles a name for me. But every time they see or hear a dog they point and say "Dee." I refer to dogs as doggies so Dee is doggie without the g sound. The only other things that have consistent names are airplanes. The girls will point at airplanes and say "Goah." I have no explanation for where that name came from.
Anyway, my parents decided to take their grandkids to the Living Planet Aquarium while my sister is in town this week. So I got to go with and "enjoy" all the fish. I could care less about the fish, but it was fun seeing the girls notice the fish and other animals at the aquarium. Here they are watching the sea otters.
Lydia loved playing with this cone at the ray exhibit. (Sorry it's upside down)The first part of the the aquarium was really dark and crowded. But gradually the crowds lessened. It was really dark through out the whole place though. I didn't mind the dark until Charlotte slipped on the stool she is standing on in this picture. She hit her mouth and started bleeding. I couldn't tell where she was bleeding from because it was so dark. But I did get her cleaned up.
After the Aquarium we had a picnic lunch at Wheeler Farm.
The girls had fun eating bread, and cheese, and lettuce.
Then we went to see the animals at the farm. I think this was more fun than the aquarium. I liked being outside in the sunshine.
This is one of my favorite pictures ever! My parents were so nice to help watch the girls while they wandered around. I was getting pretty sore at this point so I was pretty much using the stroller as a walker.
The girls loved feeding the chickens.
And seeing the sheep.
This is another new favorite picture. Charlotte loved looking at the cows. She'd copy me saying moo to them.
And here is Lydia playing with the hay with her grandpa.
I hope the girls liked it because it's probably one of the last big days out they are getting for a while. Earlier in the day I'd had a doctors appt and she checked my cervix. I was dilated 2.5 cms and 60% effaced. She told me to be careful so this baby can at least make it to term. After all that walking, plus everything else I did while hanging out with my family I was starting to feel a little crampy. By the time we got home and put the girls in bed for the night I was starting to wonder if I might have to call my parents and tell them to come get the girls so we could go to the hospital. Thankfully, it didn't get to that point and a good nights sleep and a day relaxing on the couch stopped any contractions I may or may not have been having. Still, I'm planning on taking things easy from here on out.












No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?