But then I remember that Heavenly Father often does bless people temporally and in this life. Recently a few scriptures in Ether Chapter 6 reminded me of the fact that Heavenly Father is leading us to our land of promise. Here are the scriptures with my thoughts as I read them in blue.
5 And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters, towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.
6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind.
I need to remember that just because there are strong winds and mountain waves it doesn't mean that I am not doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do.
7 And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters.
8 And it came to pass that the wind did never cease to blow towards the promised land while they were upon the waters; and thus they were driven forth before the wind.
Even though things get hard Heavenly Father was always leading them toward the promised land. In fact, it was the strong wind that was pushing them toward the promised land. And it NEVER stopped blowing in the right direction. So maybe the hard things in my life are pushing me toward my promised land.
9 And they did sing praises unto the Lord; yea, the brother of Jared did sing praises unto the Lord, and he did thank and praise the Lord all the day long; and when the night came, they did not cease to praise the Lord.
10 And thus they were driven forth; and no monster of the sea could break them, neither whale that could mar them; and they did have light continually, whether it was above the water or under the water.
WHAT? 344 days? That's almost a year! Well I guess my problems aren't going to go away overnight either.
12 And they did land upon the shore of the promised land. And when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them.
They did get there! So can I. So will I.

Val, this was exactly what I needed today. Thank you so much for posting this! I think the exact same thing sometimes, and this was exactly what I needed this morning.
ReplyDeleteThats awsome val. <3 ya!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this :)
ReplyDelete