Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things I haven't done . . . but I will . . . eventually

In case you missed my announcement on facebook . . . Brandon got a job!!!!  He starts today and works 8 to 5.  Which means for the first time in a long time we had to use an alarm clock to wake up. Lately we've just been depending on the girls to wake us up. We didn't even know where the alarm was.  And when we did find it we had to reset it to account for daylight savings time ending in November.  This morning we were able to experience something that a baby doesn't have . . . a snooze button.  I swear, that extra 10 minutes of sleep felt like an hour.        

Anyway, now Brandon is at work, the girls are down for their morning nap, and I am staring at a whole day of being home by myself (relativity).  And not just a whole day - it's the whole day tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.  This amount of predictableness is new.  I've been in such a reactionary state the past forever that is seems weird to suddenly have the ability to build a routine around what I want/need to get done.  I'm not complaining here, it just seems odd to realize that we probably wont have a spur of the moment trip to Lowes today.  

I'm looking around the house at all the things I've been letting slide.  Being pregnant and having Brandon around a lot the past 4 1/2 months has made me lazy.  Now that he's going to be gone each day I need to start doing things again.  So here you have a post about all the stuff that I have been meaning to get done.  It's basically a picture to do list.  

Okay this first one is something that I have been planning on finishing since before the girls were born.  It's a shoe holder for all their little shoes.  They only started wearing shoes about 3 weeks ago (I didn't want to worry about 4 more articles of clothing) so this hasn't been a priority.  However, now that they do wear shoes, it's something I need to finish.  Plus they love to pull all the fabric and shoes out of this bag whenever they get the chance.  

 I honestly don't know the last time I really cleaned out the fridge.  This will either be the first thing I get done, or the last one.
 This desk usually gets cluttered.  But this clutter has been on there for over a week.  I really need to straighten it up . . . or at least put that hanger away.  I also need to sew the material into curtains for my friend (I'll get them done soon, Erin).  I should start by moving the material onto the sewing desk.
 Here are a lot of the girls' toys.  I need to go through them and box up the ones they don't really play with.
 So we switched rooms with the girls about 4 months ago and I still haven't blogged about it.  Mainly because the room is never perfectly clean to take pictures of.  Expect a blog post about they room switch - one day.
 And I need to go through their clothes and box up the ones that are too small right now.
 My nightstand could use some TLC.
 And I really really really need to get my craft supplies organised again.  I stare at all the disorder every night and its starting to drive me crazy.
 This shelf is full of stuff Brandon and I need for our current projects, callings, and quick references.  My high school binder is out here for when I need to look up stuff for my blog post about my memories from growing up.  I need to start writing those blog posts again.    
 Here is our wonderful box collection.  It needs to either move to the dumpster or start doing something useful.
Well there is my to do list.  I'm going to go take a nap . . . but I'll put the hanger back in the closet on my way.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea to post your to do list! Then we can all anxiously await for the different things to get done and the posts to follow. I think I'm going to do one too after our move on Friday I think we will have a lot "to do's"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad Brandon has a job again. Good luck with your to-do list, the nap sounds much better to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. I am kind of in the same boat. Now that baby is here, I will (hopefully soon) have more energy, and John's starting a new semester I need to get lots of things done that have been put off for months :P Good luck to both of us :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers