Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Inspiration: Stop doing so much

A few weeks ago I went to training for all the Relief Society Presidencies in the Stake.  Our Stake President had the Stake Relief Society President come up and they talked about a conversation they had a few weeks prior.

SP: What were we planning back in September?
RS: Everything!  We had the Ice cream Social after the day of service, the dinner for the RS Broadcast, and the 10 year anniversary celebration.
SP: When you walked into my office for our monthly PPI what did you say?
RS: 'I feel like a social committee!'
SP: And then what did I tell you?
RS: 'Stop doing so much.'

Then they talked about how the Stake President told her that he didn't care who brought the lemonade to the what ever or if there was a popcorn machine at the 10 year anniversary.  The only thing that he cared about was that she worked to make sure the women in the stake knew they had access to the priesthood and that the Lord loved them.  

They had a discussion and decided that the Stake RS presidency didn't need to be in charge of the 10 year anniversary.  They passed off that assignment to the High Counsel who did a great job.  They were able to focus on the other things and did a great job without feeling over stressed.  

I learned that even the amazing Stake RS President has her limits.  And if she does then I certainly do.  And if she can pass off assignment then I certainly can too.  I've made sure that I won't get too over scheduled  during this crazy month of December. I challenge you to take a look at your schedule and see if there is anything you can take off.


3 comments:

  1. That is an extreme challenge for me... but I will try. Got to love being a girl :) We just HAVE to do everything. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge, and one that I think can help make Christmas be focused on what really matters. I love the Stake President's responses. Sometimes it's funny to think about what women view as important/stress about when it comes to planning events :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, yes! I have volunteered for a lot this semester but with a baby coming next semester, I am backing off on a lot of it. Gotta make sure you can focus on what is most important. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers