Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Inspiration: Doing what we need to

Right now we have the coolest Sister Missionary in the world serving in our area.  I love Sister Hill because, 1.  She is 26 and so is my age, 2. She dresses in the cutest clothes - I didn't know Sister Missionaries were allowed to dress so trendy, and 3. When I asked her if it ever gets boring going to multiple sacrament meetings on a single Sunday she said, "only since the very first week!"  Yeah she's awesome.

She's also really insightful.  A week or two ago she was talking about how she focuses on doing what she needs to do.  If she is out knocking on doors and talking to people then she will see results.  Sometimes the results aren't from her efforts. She says that often the results come through a ward mission leader calling up and referring a person who is interested in the gospel.  But she knows that the results are a blessing for doing what she should be.  

I've thought about this over the past little bit.  As you may know, Brandon has been out of a job since September.  We've been living off savings, food storage, and the Bishops Storehouse (which BTW has the BEST dishwasher detergent.)  These past few months have been a little scary, but mostly we are happy that he isn't working at his old job which resembled slavery.  Still it would be nice to have a job, and become upstanding citizens again.  I keep thinking about what Sister Hill said, and applying it to our situation.  If Brandon does what he is supposed to: looks for jobs, follows up on leads, goes to interviews then we will see results.  It's better than sitting around bemoaning our situation.  

We have seen results. He had two job interviews this past week, and a sort of job prospect that he will check out this coming week.  Plus his application with THE JOB was reviewed this Wednesday.  We won't know the results until 4 weeks from now, and that's only if he gets to the next stage, but at least it is something.  In the meantime we will keep doing what we need to.  

Doing what we need to also includes serving in the church.  We have been given ample opportunities to do that.  Check out what our month looks like just from a church standpoint.  I'm not complaining or bragging, I'm just listing it all so I can remember later.
       
Saturday December 3:        Cleaned the church in the morning  
                                            Baptism for new member.  Brandon made the program and conducted
Sunday December 4:           I taught Relief Society
Monday December 5:         Sister Missionaries came over for a meeting. 
Tuesday December 6:         Relief Society Meeting that I was in charge of
Wednesday December 7:    Brandon taught the aviation merit badge to the scouts
Thursday December 8:        Brandon served 4 hours at the Ogden Cannery
Sunday December 11:         Brandon teaches Sunday School
Tuesday December  13:       Brandon has a meeting with all the Sr Missionaries (and I might go too)
Wednesday December 14:   Brandon teaches the other half of the aviation merit badge
Saturday December 17:       Branch Christmas Party which I am majorly involved in

After looking at our calender I joked with Brandon that it will be nice when we can go back to paying tithing with money instead of time.  In the meantime it feels good to know that we are giving all we can.

1 comment:

  1. And the blessings really do come. Today one of the Sr Missionaries gave us a printer. And another one asked Brandon to come help re-roof their house.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers