Brandon's sister Melanie invited us along on a trip to the family cabin last weekend. We decided to go down, but make a stop at Maple Canyon first.
When I lived in Ephraim I spent a lot of time in Maple Canyon. And every few years I like to go back there. We decided to take the girls hiking in the Box Canyon part of Maple Canyon.
There were some tricky parts to get around, but I made sure I felt safe during everything I did.
This rock has been stuck here as long as I can remember so don't worry, its not going to fall on Brandon.
The hike up Box Canyon gets a little crazy toward the top so we didn't go all the way to the waterfall. But we did enjoy what we did see. The girls were getting sick of just riding around so we took them to a park in Moroni and let them run free.
Then we stuck them in one of these swings for the first time ever. They liked it more than they are showing in this picture.
It started to rain so we got in the jeep and drove up to the cabin. The leaves were already starting to change colors.
We were the first ones at the cabin but soon Melanie's family came and then Brandon's parents. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them.
The cousins were all so cute together. Oakley is the same size as the girls so it was like having triplets
We had kind of a hard night because the girls would not fall asleep. Lydia stayed up later than everyone (except me) playing with a 360 flip car. She turned it over and over in her hands for more than an hour. She was so tired that she kept falling over, but she was too fascinated to fall asleep. Finally I snuck it away from her and turned off the light. She fell right asleep. Later Charlotte woke up and Brandon had to put her in her car seat and rock her to sleep. It was probably the worst night we've had since early April.But the next morning everything was fine and we were able to enjoy the cabin.
Lydia showed that she knows how to climb stairs. This girl has no fear.
Eventually the girls did take a nap. Lydia woke up right before I took this picture.
It was a great weekend and was really relaxing. Thanks for all the fun!













Love the picture of both girls in the baby swing! How efficient. :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such go-getters!
ReplyDeleteAw, I miss that canyon :(
ReplyDelete