Look I did something crafty for once! Okay actually I've been on several projects, namely RS meetings (or as I like to call them "the activities formally known as Enrichment") I've had two really successful meetings, but I forgot to take pictures at them and so it just doesn't seem worth it to blog about them. Maybe next month.
Anyway, this is something I remembered to take pictures of. Brandon and I are hosting his family's annual Halloween Party. We are doing it at our church because our apartment will be way too small. Our church building is a little hard to find so we drew a map on the invitation. We also decided to do a pirate them for the party so we made the map into a treasure map.
We thought it would be fun to put a wax seal on each invitation. I did some experimenting and found out that candle wax leaves an oily residue on the paper. So we decided to make the seals first and then glue them on the invitations. We also discovered that you can't add food coloring to wax. Well you can, but it won't do anything. We tried putting red food coloring into the melted wax but it just sunk to the bottom. It makes sense when you think about it. Food coloring is water based and wax is oil based and oil and water don't mix.
The seal design is from a decal on my purse. We tried lots of things like screw heads and coins before I noticed the thing hanging off my purse was perfect.
This is what all the invitations looked like at the end. Now we just have to plan the party.





No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?